Help planning Curacao

bdaddyiii

The DW and I will be arriving in Curacao on the Carnival Liberty on Oct 28, 2104 with a 2pm to 10pm port times. Can someone help us with ideas for this port that has nothing to do with beaches.

We live on the beach therefore prefer to visit the islands and do things on land. It seems that about all the excursions at this port offered on the ship are beach excursions. Thanks in advance. :confused:

We were there in December on RC Adventure of the Seas. I booked a shore excursion that took us all around the island. It was about 4 hours long.

We saw a lot and had several stops along the way. Take lots of pictures. The island is beautiful. Our excursion was called The Beauties of Curacao. I hope Carnival has a similar excursion that you can take.

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

There are lots of excursions

West - rural - lovely - remote - mountain, crashing coastal screnery on the north side and beautiful beachs on the south side

East - more built up - more touristy things to do - liquer factory, aloa vera, ostrich farm, sea aquarium

The town is perfectly safe to walk at night and lots of restaurants to chose from

We have never visited this island, but are looking forward to an East Side Tour with one hour at the beach included. since this is the last island of a port intensive B2B for us with a lot of beach time I am not inclined at this time to spend extra time at the beach. Perhaps I will change my mind once I get there and just want to veg on the beach. who knows?:rolleyes: However, it does look as if this island has a more unique shopping area than other islands with it's floating markets, etc. So, after our morning tour I am hoping to return to the ship for lunch then venturing out to explore the town. My DH is hoping I will go without him (with my girl friends) and he can take a balcony nap......:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

BDaddy- We are on this trip too!

I'm shopping my itinerary also!

The DW and I will be arriving in Curacao on the Carnival Liberty on Oct 28, 2104 with a 2pm to 10pm port times. Can someone help us with ideas for this port that has nothing to do with beaches.

We live on the beach therefore prefer to visit the islands and do things on land. It seems that about all the excursions at this port offered on the ship are beach excursions. Thanks in advance. :confused:

Our first time on Curacao we didn't have anything planned, and just walked across the floating bridge and into town for shopping. Once across the bridge, we were approached by someone selling tickets for a van tour of the island. I believe it was $12 per person, though the price will likely have gone up by now. We continued our shopping, met at the van at a prearranged time, and enjoyed a tour of the island, photo op stops, a stop at the Curacao "factory," and finally ended up at Mambo Beach, although you could opt at that point to just be dropped off back in town. For those of us who stayed at the beach (admission not included in the tour price, but only a few bucks), they helped us get chairs/umbrellas and returned to pick us up later. We ate from the beach snack bar (Dutch snack foods), enjoyed the water, and did some additional shopping on a little boardwalk they had there.

• 2 months later...