kid's dress up

Travel Lover

My daughter loves to play dress up and I see lots of pictures of kids

dressed up as disney characters. Does she need to bring her own outfits

or do they have some for them? If so, is there enough or is it better that she brings her own. Just wondered b/c they take up a lot of room.

Also, she loves Tinkerbell. Does the Magic have Tinkerbell visit at all? I saw a Peter Pan but not Tink. Just wondered.

Sandra

I know that different characters visit the kids clubs, but i have never heard of tinkerbell visiting. Even at WDW you never see Tinkerbell accept before the fireworks at MK late at night and from a distance. Myson works for WDW and says no one there dresses as Tinkerbell. So they probably dont do it on the ship either. I've done 7 DCL cruises and havnt seen her or had our grandkids mention her in the kids clubs.

Lots of kids around the ship dress in their own princess or character outfits. They use to have a few dresses in the kids club they could use while in there, but Not sure if they still do. Once I read they were worried about head lice, even though they wernt using hats, but dresses pulled over the heads.

Some of the ones that are sold at Halloween are not as bulky as the ones you buy at WDW or Disneyland. They are a little different, but you still know who they are suppose to be and look very cute, and cost a lot less. Our walmart has great ones year around here in Kissimmee.They are much easier to pack. I dont know how far your coming, but perhaps she could wear the outfit on the trip so you wouldnt have to pack it. They take you pictures as you get on the ship, so it would make for a great photo. lots of kids board the ship in costume. Good luck,

mom x4,grandma x4

We brought our DD's halloween costumes twice. I was amazed at how many kids do the dressup thing. It's so cute. And when the "real" character meets them dressed up, it's even more precious.

Thank you so much.

I guess I will plan to bring her own outfits. That is a great idea to wear it when getting on the ship. We may have to do that.

Do they list what characters will be out what day? I mean how do you know which dress to put on to match if you want that? Is it just by chance?

Sandra

There is no Tinkerbell on the ship. You will see Minnie, that is the only girl that isn't a princess. Tritons is formal, I would think Belle or Cinderella, Parrot's is caribbean theme (think greens, yellows, reds and blues), and I think Minnie would be cute for Animator's Palate. It is black and white and then turns colors.

There is no Tinkerbell on the ship. You will see Minnie, that is the only girl that isn't a princess. Tritons is formal, I would think Belle or Cinderella, Parrot's is caribbean theme (think greens, yellows, reds and blues), and I think Minnie would be cute for Animator's Palate. It is black and white and then turns colors.

Thank you so much for your reply and help! :)

Cindy

• 1 month later...

Check out the disneydirect.com website, especially after Halloween. They usually have some things in the clearance section that you can get for a reasonable price. I got a "trunk" which is really a hat box, with Cinderella, Belle and Snow White tops and skirts for $20 a couple of months ago. Thought I'd save it for Christmas, but broke it out on a spur-of-the-minute trip to Disney and Chef Mickey's. ;)

I went to disney direct yesterday and got my grandaughter a cinderella dress on sale for $24.95, regular $34.95. Much better than paying $60 at WDW.

There are several out fits there for boys and girls. If you buy $50 the shipping is free right now. They do have a size chart to see what size you need and they are very good about returns if within 30 days and of course all halloween costumes have to be returned before halloween. Otherwise people would wear them and return them. Not fair to the company. I have bought lots of stuff from this site and been very satisfied.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the info on disneydirect.com. I found alot of items on the site.

I have been shopping the last 2 days for the last of the Disney items to bring for my GD. I also picked up a Cinderella pillow case and sharpies for autographs. What are your thoughts on the characters signing a poster vs. a pillowcase?

I could actually frame both for her to hang in her room, but would prefer a poster displaying most of the Disney characters.

I ordered a Mini Mouse suitcase but I am not sure it will arrive before we set sail! If not, I guess we may have to book another Disney cruise for next year... :p

Cindy

I am pretty sure we will have her dressed and ready to go prior to getting to the port just to ensure she gets the full effect! So as far as dressing up before embarking…who would you suggest as being most appropriate? Mini Mouse?

I appreciate all of your thoughts. :)

Cindy

Any costume will be great. You see kids dressed like minnie, snow white, cinderella. Just who ever their favorite is will do. They do take a family picture just before you go across the gangplank to board the ship. It will make a great picture with her dressed up.

I have seen Mickey, Minnie, Pluto in the terminal for pictures before boarding time, so keep an eye open for that too. Lines are usually short if you see them when they first come out. They stand in front of the model of the ship in the center of the room.

Have a Magical cruise,

mom x4,grandma x4

How sweet of you to get her gifts - will definitely make the cruise more magical for her!

I would give my vote for Minnie. I bet the "real" Minnie will be impressed too!

As for autographs, I think that a poster would be easier to sign than a pillowcase (paper vs. fabric), especially with the non-face characters who are dealing with costumes over their hands. Just keep that in mind.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Minnie luggage arrives in time! :)

Thank you mom x4,grandma x4 and CruisingCourtney! It was a very busy weekend! But alot was accomplished!

I found a great Mini Mouse dress for our GD...I was at the point of settling but found one. I mean the Mini dress must have Mini on it somewhere...at least for a 4 year old...lol. She told me tonight she wants to wear her Mini Dress the morning we get on the ship...but that could change! lol

I have a question about Pirate night...are the Pirate Night events within our dining times or afterwards? And does Pirate Night coincide with the fireworks?

Hoping these next 10 days go swiftly! :)

Cindy

PS mom x4,grandma x4

I have been craving meatloaf ever since I read your post about it being ready...lol

Pirate night is after dinner, but late dining will run close, depending on how fast your served. It started at 9:45 P.M. when we went, then about 10:15 the climax was the fireworks, which are great, followed by a large pirate buffet on deck 9. So save some room at dinner for the late buffet. The desserts are FANTASTIC at the buffet that night!!!! Yum Yum!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Thank you for the heads up, as we can eat very light and plan to eat well at the late buffet! The biggest time constraint will be Little Sierra changing from her character dress up clothes to her pirate costume…lol. Maybe it will be best to have her wear her Pirate outfit to dinner though!

I am ready for the desserts! Lol

Cindy

You are a Naughty Girl Laura...lol :p

Troy will be dressed up...not from head to toe though, but enough to be involved and known as a pirate. But as you said...'it's for the children'...lol.

Troy and I will have matching attire! I am still trying to find a pirate cape! But I am running out of time!

Maybe the passengers will be more enthusiastic this time around and will all take part! He will have a better time dressed up! :)

C

Please do dress for dinner. That is a part of the entire theme of th eparty. Your servers will be dressed up too. Dinner is actually the start of the festivities for the evening. More adults are dressing up now, than when it started a few months ago. Those who do not read these boards dont know about the idea of dressing up.

They always ask, How did you know to dress up? Disney needs to send out a paper or put it on thier web site so people will know that they can do this if they want. A lot more people would participate if they knew ahead of time about it.

I do it, it's lots of fun. Best of all, this is vacation and you'll never see these people again, so go ahead and live it up, be like a kid again. It feels great!!!

I love th elooks the little kids give everyone when they are dressed up. Instead of a parrot on my shoulder I like to put a small stuffed Mickey or Pluto that is dressed like a pirate. It is original and looks so neat.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived