View menus for the week

JuneauMe

Hi, I was wondering if I can see the menus for the week, so I can plan when to book a specialty restaurant. On my cruise last year I was told "We don't have the menus anymore. They're posted each day outside of the dinning rooms" :rolleyes: Well that didn't help me at all, LOL! Besides, who wants to spend the time trolling the dinning rooms each day.

Thanks

Thank you for the link. I should have been more clear in the tread title. I was wondering if there was a way to see the weeks menu rotation when on board. Looking at that link I see that there are days that I would very much like to go to the MDR, so I don't want to book a specialty on a day that the MDR has one of my favorites ;)

Hi, I was wondering if I can see the menus for the week, so I can plan when to book a specialty restaurant. On my cruise last year I was told "We don't have the menus anymore. They're posted each day outside of the dinning rooms" :rolleyes: Well that didn't help me at all, LOL! Besides, who wants to spend the time trolling the dinning rooms each day.

Thanks

You didn't mention which ship?

The Beyondships site is ok, but it does not show the daily MDR menu specials for all of the ships.

You didn't mention which ship?

The Beyondships site is ok, but it does not show the daily MDR menu specials for all of the ships.

Sorry my bad (the Breakaway) My thread title is poorly worded. I would like to see the actual menu rotation when on the ship, so I can plan wich day to book a specialty restaurant.

As far as I'm aware it isn't fixed, and can change from cruise to cruise.

I don't know when it is decided, so it may be feasible that you could get the weeks menus at the start of the cruise, but I'd be very surprised if you can get them beforehand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but I'd be very surprised if you can get them beforehand.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL No not before, when I get on the ship

My bad. I misunderstood your question. That would be nice to know that. I hadn't really thought about it beforehand because I know there's always something we can eat in the main dining rooms.

There are somethings I really enjoy & some that are just ok, so I thought that doing the specialty on the "just ok" day's would be a good thing. Looks like I gave you something to think about for your next cruise, :)

I was successful on one cruise by simply going up to the guest services desk and asking for the main dining room menus for the week. On subsequent cruises however, this request was received with confused looks and the answer was no.

I was successful on one cruise by simply going up to the guest services desk and asking for the main dining room menus for the week. On subsequent cruises however, this request was received with confused looks and the answer was no.

Yep! I have seen that look before:confused:

Sorry my bad (the Breakaway) My thread title is poorly worded. I would like to see the actual menu rotation when on the ship, so I can plan wich day to book a specialty restaurant.

You might also consider the itinerary itself when considering booking specialty restaurants. They tend to be more crowded on sea days, less so on port days. We have found that on most cruises, you can get a walk-up table at any specialty restaurant without a reservation, as long as you're willing to eat a little outside the normal busy dinner hour, or don't mind waiting a bit for a table.

As for the daily menus from the MDR's: The one thing people do seem to make a big deal about is "lobster night" in the MDR's which is usually only one night out of 7. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of lobster anyway, and the little Rock Lobster tails they serve don't do much for me. Anyway, there's enough variety on the menu every night that I don't think it's difficult to find something you would like any night...or in other words, (except for "lobster" night, if that's important to you) just book your specialty restaurants for whatever nights you like.

Edited by VideoTech

Years ago, they always made the whole week's dinner menus available, often available in a binder. I would go up to the guest services desk, ask to see the menus, and they would hand me the binder. That hasn't been the case for the past few years. I'm not sure whether it was a conscious decision or whether they just got lazy maintaining an up-to-date binder, but I haven't been able to see the whole week's menus for quite some time.

Oh my god, Thank you!!! Definitely don't need the specialty dining package if that's what they're serving in the main dining halls and O'sheenan for a 7 day trip.

Those are old menus. I believe Breakaway has moved to the new menus now.

Having said that, I agree about not needing the dining package.

When I did the galley tour, the chef told us that there are way more than 7 rotating menus and that they change depending on the provisions available.

Yes, there are 14 I believe. Enough for a two week cruise. As must cruises are less than that they change them around.