An Open Letter to CCL on "Kids Sail Free"

T2C

[quote name='mkdreams']well said![/QUOTE]

NCL has/had the same thing going on. By the time I got through the mock booking I realized what a waste of time that was. Sheesh. Call it what it is. Not free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='guxu']If I advertise a car for FREE, then in fine prints indicating you have to pay $25,000 processing fee to get your free car, I guess some of you think it is a fine business practice?[/QUOTE]

No, but on the other hand that's not what is occurring here.

The amount of people on this thread that have failed to comprehend this sale is what concerns me because I can only hope that this isn't an accurate representation of reading comprehension in America...

[quote name='guxu']If I advertise a car for FREE, then in fine prints indicating you have to pay $25,000 processing fee to get your free car, I guess some of you think it is a fine business practice?[/QUOTE]

I think it is a STANDARD business practice.

Grocer ad says buy box of ___ for .49c - but read the fine print to see "limit 2".

Car ad says pay 0% interest - fine print says "must have good credit".

Store ad says 25% off all merchandise - fine print says "if you open charge account".

OK. I understand how the sale works, but thought a few illustrations might help. On Carnival Fareviewer [url]http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#[/url], I've randomly picked 3 sailings applicable to KSF. The results speak for themselves, I think :) Definitely less expensive, in all 3 cases.

EDT: the images are quite small so, here they are in a better format:

[URL=http://s274.photobucket.com/user/dorvaltigers/media/PRIDE_zps9de11826.jpg.html][IMG]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj242/dorvaltigers/PRIDE_zps9de11826.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s274.photobucket.com/user/dorvaltigers/media/freedom_zpsd57821c0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj242/dorvaltigers/freedom_zpsd57821c0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s274.photobucket.com/user/dorvaltigers/media/breeze_zps972b712b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj242/dorvaltigers/breeze_zps972b712b.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Edited by soccersharon

KSF seemed to work appropriately for me. When you go to the booking there is a separate rate for KSF and it was cheaper once you went through it. As a matter of fact, I got and adjustment on my previous early saver because it was cheaper.

Well if it's written right there in the terms and conditions that is your right as a business. However that's not what carnival has done here.

Let's say that car your advertising stickers for $25,000. Okay let that sink in before you read anymore...

Now you are having a sale on that car for $15,000 Okay moving along...

You are also having a SEPARATE promotion on that same car that reads:
If A Couple EACH pays the STICKER price for a car, you will give 3 of their kids a car for free!

Okay, that's a GREAT deal for the couple with 3 kids.

Not such a great deal for the couple with only one kid.

Now if a couple walks into your office saying that they each want to pay the SALE price of $10,000 and they get irate when you won't give each of their kids free cars also...

How can you make them understand that the free cars are only for the people that pay the sticker price?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

its like most car sales. I just saw a sale for $5,000 off new car. Now if you go there and find a one day sale for one of the cars marked down from 25,000 to 22,000. you cant go to the dealer and tell him/her that you want the $5,000 off the sale price. you get $5000 off the MSRP ($25000) or you get the one day sale of $22,000 but do dont get both. if you want the $5000 it has to be off of the MSRP and not any other sales that may be offered.

The kids sail free offering is for the base price and not combined with any other sale price

you get the $5000 off the higher base price. that's just the way it is

[quote name='T2C']Dear CCL Beards,

You really need people who can and do use common sense when it comes to the promotions/sales CCL puts out.
The "Kids Sail Free" thing really makes me crazy. It's stated that kids, as a 3rd and 4th passenger sail free but that not even how CCL has it set up.
The price for my cruise, when I just checked it, says the price is $770 per person. Now, that, comes to $1540 for the 1st 2 people and if the 3rd and 4th passengers in the cabin are kids and they "Sail Free" then the price should still be $1540.
CCL however is not letting the "Kids Sail Free", they add the $770 per person for them also and the price is $3,078.00. That's not letting the "Kids Sail Free"! That's obviously charging them.

Please, see how stupid doing this is. If you are going to run a "Kids Sail Free" promotion then live up to it and let them "Sail Free". Heck, this not only looks like an out and out bold face lie, it is! Heck, just charge the 1st 2 passengers $1540 each and then actually let the 3rd and 4th passengers (Kids) "Sail Free". At least that would be being honest.
John, you got to get in the ears of the beards because this kind of bullock drives people crazy and does not help the CCL brand shine.[/QUOTE]

I agree very misleading

If the terms of this sale are misleading or if they seem deceptive to you, I urge you to never enter into a binding contract of any kind without the advice of your attorney.
I hope that doesn't sound ugly or hateful, because I am being sincere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='jmediii']No, but on the other hand that's not what is occurring here.

The amount of people on this thread that have failed to comprehend this sale is what concerns me because I can only hope that this isn't an accurate representation of reading comprehension in America...[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. Sad state of affairs.

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

[quote name='mandahud']if the terms of this sale are misleading or if they seem deceptive to you, i urge you to never enter into a binding contract of any kind without the advice of your attorney.
I hope that doesn't sound ugly or hateful, because i am being sincere.

Sent from my iphone using forums[/quote]

+1 .