C.P.S Parking southampton Nightmare.

gazabfc

Please Please post again after your cruise and let us know how the journey went

We are traveling down from the midlands on 19th April.... yes, good Friday!

I hope that you are not travelling down on 19th if your cruise goes on Good Friday, we are travelling down on Saturday 19th for our cruise leaving on Saturday 19th.

I hope that you are not travelling down on 19th if your cruise goes on Good Friday, we are travelling down on Saturday 19th for our cruise leaving on Saturday 19th.

Sorry, call it a senior moment! Same cruise as you ? Oceana?

We are staying in Southampton Holiday Inn on the Friday night 18th as we have been told by quite a few people what a nightmare it is to get through to the port. A friend who did it from Stoke on Trent last month took 6 hours!

not prepared to take the risk over Easter.

:)

To allanann josy 1953 REF sat 19th April Oceana look,s like your cruiser is in 106 Mayflower terminal it,s just had refurb that,s why Oriana and Oceana has been docking at Ocean all winter .you will miss west quay and road work,s if you come down M271 turn left keep to left hand lane to roundabout turn right under flyover through dock gate 20 through container berth,s Ocean will be on your starboard side. if you are parking at Marchwood,ill see you there have a smashing cruise

To allanann josy 1953 REF sat 19th April Oceana look,s like your cruiser is in 106 Mayflower terminal it,s just had refurb that,s why Oriana and Oceana has been docking at Ocean all winter .you will miss west quay and road work,s if you come down M271 turn left keep to left hand lane to roundabout turn right under flyover through dock gate 20 through container berth,s Ocean will be on your starboard side. if you are parking at Marchwood,ill see you there have a smashing cruise

Thank you so much for this, I think this is the route we took last September when we came down to Mayflower Terminal so hopefully I will remember it!

Sorry, call it a senior moment! Same cruise as you ? Oceana?

We are staying in Southampton Holiday Inn on the Friday night 18th as we have been told by quite a few people what a nightmare it is to get through to the port. A friend who did it from Stoke on Trent last month took 6 hours!

not prepared to take the risk over Easter.

:)

We are trying the coach this time, rather let someone else drive through problem traffic. Our nieghbours did it in 3.5 hours 3 weeks ago, so perhaps it is hit & miss as to how bad it is. We are on Oceana.

Ooohhh,,,am nervous now,,,Soton saint,,do you think I should book a hotel and come down tomorrow evening for our Azura mini-cruise on Friday? She'll be at the Ocean terminal. It usually takes us about 3 hours from Leicestershire down to Southampton..maybe I should adjust our departure time from home and leave an hour earlier. Is it really that bad?

Hi Cappers if you leave home about 7.am you will be down to the south coast between lull spot,s 9.30 to 10am don,t come M27 M271 bear second slip marked so,ton strait down avenue will bring you out by ibis hotel marked up dock,s and football ground.There are three rout,s to the dock this is the middle one have a lovely cruise

Thank you. I've actually had a txt message from P&O warning about the roadworks and chaos they are causing! One thing I don't fully understand is the check in time issue. On my e tickets it says check in time is 3pm but the next line says that we must check in by 3.45pm. Lots of people say they check in from around 11am. I didn't realise that there were multiple times,,but then again if there's a few thousand people to get through I suppose it needs to be staggered.

We usually arrive around 11.30 and are on the ship for lunch, when we first cruised we didn't realise you could do this and arrived about 3 by the time we got on and. Got our bearings it was almost time to set sail, that was in the days of getting up on deck for the brass band

I think you can arrive anytime but no later than 3.45pm it just depends if you want lunch in the ship or not

Hi south,ton saint

Any news on the works in platform road/dock gate 4. We are coming down at the end of May when 4 ships are in port. Leaving from Ocean Terminal and we usually leave the m3 and take the A33 down the Avenue and follow signs for dock gate 4, thereby cutting put the hold ups on town quay. We presume we can still do a left turn into dock gate 4 from canute? road .

Any update would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi south,ton saint

Any news on the works in platform road/dock gate 4. We are coming down at the end of May when 4 ships are in port. Leaving from Ocean Terminal and we usually leave the m3 and take the A33 down the Avenue and follow signs for dock gate 4, thereby cutting put the hold ups on town quay. We presume we can still do a left turn into dock gate 4 from canute? road .

Any update would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Yes - I've been in correspondence with the relevant people at Southampton City Council. It's not altogether good news. I was querying the fact that if you examine the little graphics on a map that they have produced, the end-date says 'April 2015'. Here's what they have replied:-

"The whole job should be finished by April 2015.

The work on the main carriageways should be complete by October, but there will still be work to do on Queens Terrace and Vokes Park which, although off of the carriageway, may involve some adhoc lane closures but will not have a huge impact on the new carriageway."

So it looks like there will disruption along Platform Road throughout the coming cruising season.

Hi to tom uk and c.n.club working on azura to -day 7.4. 2014 very little hold up,s was told the the main route,s into dock gate 4 will be up and running end of april to early may .but road work,s will be still on-going if you understand what i mean. Next big day will be the 19th april azura 46 berth balmoral 101 oceana 106 but latter two can use dock gate 10and dock gate 20 will try and keep you informed . Ps saint,s are away that saturday no football traffic .

Hi to tom uk and c.n.club working on azura to -day 7.4. 2014 very little hold up,s was told the the main route,s into dock gate 4 will be up and running end of april to early may .but road work,s will be still on-going if you understand what i mean. Next big day will be the 19th april azura 46 berth balmoral 101 oceana 106 but latter two can use dock gate 10and dock gate 20 will try and keep you informed . Ps saint,s are away that saturday no football traffic .

Thanks so much for that. Will look for your updates on here nearer our departure date at end of May. At least the footie will have,finished by them.

We just got back this morning from the 3 nighter on Azura. When we drove down on Friday morning it was all fine until we got down towards that bottom end near the Ocean terminal then we hit the roadworks and holdups. It took us an hour and a half to then get into the CPS car park area. It was chaos! Sailaway was actually delayed because so many were late and we missed our slot,,so said the announcement anyway! This morning was completely different and we were straight out and away with no hold ups whatsoever! Had a great time on a beautiful ship!

• 3 weeks later...

I sail from Ocean terminal on 11th June, so things might be better by then? Just wondered whether to park at Marchwood and let them do the driving to dock gate 4. I get very stressed in traffic hold ups and I presume road diversions / new road layout?

We're going on Azura on 3 May and have a 6 month old and a two year old so keen not to be stuck for hours. Any tips for the best time to try to get there? I was planning to try to get there early to avoid hold ups? Our check in time is 12.

We've never parked with CPS before - are the signs to where we need to go pretty clear?

We're going on Azura on 3 May and have a 6 month old and a two year old so keen not to be stuck for hours. Any tips for the best time to try to get there? I was planning to try to get there early to avoid hold ups? Our check in time is 12.

We've never parked with CPS before - are the signs to where we need to go pretty clear?

CPS parking is the easiest you could imagine, follow the directions, aim for the ship, go where directed by the nice man in a yellow jacket, hand over your keys and enjoy your cruise. PS don't forget to unload the little people as well as your luggage.

Personally I would aim for about 11 - 11:30, those getting off will have gone and you'll be amongst the other early birds.

Edited by Brayman

You probably can't park at all before 11 o'clock, so there's no point in turning up before then. However I would say aim to get there as soon after 11 as possible. When you drive in there will be marshals directing the traffic. If there are only a few cars you'll be directed straight to the unloading area, but if that's already full you'll be directed to a holding area from where you'll subsequently be directed to the unloading area. Whenever you arrive at the unloading area, that's where you unload you bags and hand them over to the porters, and that's also where you'll be approached by a CPS person who will check your documentation, or maybe just ask your name and check your car number. When all the bags are out you'll hand your car key over to the CPS person who will in turn give you a receipt with a bar-code - you need to keep that safe as you will need when you return to Southampton.

After all that you enter the terminal where you can sit and (hopefully) relax until embarkation starts - that will generally be at about noon. There are toilets in there - I don't know about baby-changing facilities, however.

When you enter the terminal waiting area you'll be give some documentation: some forms to fill in (health declarations), and an embarkation card bearing a letter of the alphabet on it. When embarkation starts they'll call out something like "Will holders of embarkation cards with the letter 'A' please come forward to the check-in desks", and holders of those cards will do that. Then when the queue has diminished they'll call for holders of cards with B, cards with C, and so on. Then you check in; go through security; shuffle up the skybridge with a load of other people; and finally - finally! - step over the threshold and onto Azura.

Edited by tom_uk