Sheraton Old San Juan or La Concha?

kyleg2949

We stayed at La Concha a few years back. If you're looking for a romantic place to start your vacation, that's the place. It's right on the beach, and about a 10-minute taxi ride to Old San Juan if you want to do some exploring. Lots of restaurants right down the street. Here is my photo review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1500108

I've stayed in the Condado area post cruise (at the Marriott) and really liked it there.

Last November, I stayed at the Sheraton OSJ for 2 pre-cruise nights as a solo and it was an excellent location. I love OSJ and wanted a centrally-located hotel where I could go out and explore and return when I got overheated (it will be excruiatingly hot in San Juan in the summer).

Depends on what cruiseline, too. If you're on Carnival, OSJ is perfect. If you're sailing from the other side of the bay, you may want Condado, which will sort of split the distance.

I just came to the boards to report the Hotwire booking I did 10 minutes ago. 4* Condado area (10/31/14) and I got La Concha, which is exactly what I was hoping to get ($119 + taxes for a total of $165.54!!).

• 1 month later...

Stayed at both last month. Sharaton OSJ before cruise. The location was excellent for exploring the forts and town. Our ship was Celebrity and left from the Pan Am port. $18 cab ride from hotel to the port.

Stayed 4 days at La Concha after the cruise. Loved it. We had a ocean front room on top floor. It's location is great. I would imagine the street view rooms may have some noise. Close to bars and and restaurants. 75 cent bus ride to OSJ or a $12 cab ride. Bus was simple. I'd definitely use either again.