Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Eep! That grotto feature looks amazing! :D

I love the idea of the snow room, too...but since it's in the spa and I don't want to have to pay for the spa just to try out the snow room, I doubt I'll get to see it. Boo!

Eep! That grotto feature looks amazing! :D

I love the idea of the snow room, too...but since it's in the spa and I don't want to have to pay for the spa just to try out the snow room, I doubt I'll get to see it. Boo!

I'm so excited for my cruise.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Hi all - I'm new to this thread. Just curious if anyone has any information on the nursery on Escape? The press release mentions a first-for-ncl nursery for 6moo-3yro, but I can't seem to find any additional info. Will it be for-fee childcare or included programming? Any info greatly appreciated!! Thanks :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all - I'm new to this thread. Just curious if anyone has any information on the nursery on Escape? The press release mentions a first-for-ncl nursery for 6moo-3yro, but I can't seem to find any additional info. Will it be for-fee childcare or included programming? Any info greatly appreciated!! Thanks :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All I know is from the press release, with a picture of it:

http://www.escape.ncl.com/assets/Uploads/Norwegian-Escape-Family-and-recreation-12-16-14.pdf

A big hello to all and a Happy New Year

I've Deck 8 of the Escape compared with Deck 8 of the Getaway.

It looks as if The Waterfront be on the Escape longer since both ships are of equal length.

What do you think?

@ David sobe: the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar is located on Deck 8 at the Waterfront, where the restaurant margaritaville is located I have no idea. Maybe instead of Flamingo Grill (Getaway Deck 16 near the Spice H2O zone).

What do you think?

Look at this website and the press release.

“Norwegian Escape will feature the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar, a music venue and outdoor bar on The Waterfront. The 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar will feature live nightly performances so guests can enjoy the sounds of the tropics while sipping a signature margarita or "boat drink" and gazing out to the beautiful Caribbean Sea.”

http://www.escape.ncl.com/

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_120514

Escape.jpg.fc3259c2b2c86a3008a52e5ee8868942.jpg

Getaway.jpg.023ade20cf50f610c72a46683030b1ea.jpg

No, it's the shower canopy. But the starboard shower is missing in this new rendering. Head is exploding! :confused:

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

I think what we take away from these is to take the renderings with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It looks as if The Waterfront be on the Escape longer since both ships are of equal length.

What do you think?

@ David sobe: the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar is located on Deck 8 at the Waterfront, where the restaurant margaritaville is located I have no idea. Maybe instead of Flamingo Grill (Getaway Deck 16 near the Spice H2O zone).

What do you think?

Look at this website and the press release.

“Norwegian Escape will feature the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar, a music venue and outdoor bar on The Waterfront. The 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar will feature live nightly performances so guests can enjoy the sounds of the tropics while sipping a signature margarita or "boat drink" and gazing out to the beautiful Caribbean Sea.”

http://www.escape.ncl.com/

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_120514

I'm betting that Margaritaville will be a similar location as Fat Cats on BA, and Grammy Experience on GA.

What do you think?

Happy New Year to you as well! Yes, it's known here that the Waterfront has been extended on Escape. The extension has an interesting glass enclosure in the renderings, so hopefully something fun will be located there :)

Hi all.

Wanted to say thanks to all of you for contributing to a really interesting thread. To be perfectly honest, about half of the posts here seem to be above my head (kudos to those of you who are seemingly obsessed with the minutiae of the new ship).

Just booked my family on our first non-DCL cruise - the Escape looked great from the website and the promo videos, so figured why not give it a try and see whether "The Mouse" is actually worth twice what NCL is charging, for virtually the same itinerary (my hunch is that it isn't).

There are 3 of us sailing, myself, my wife and daughter (who will be 11 when we go). Booked us into a "Larger Balcony" room (B6) on Deck 9. No particular reason why, just figured that a larger balcony room was about the same cost as a regular balcony room, so why not... If I have made a horrible mistake, please let me know.

Looking forward to learning more about sailing on NCL from the experts on the board as time goes on.

Hi all.

Wanted to say thanks to all of you for contributing to a really interesting thread. To be perfectly honest, about half of the posts here seem to be above my head (kudos to those of you who are seemingly obsessed with the minutiae of the new ship).

Just booked my family on our first non-DCL cruise - the Escape looked great from the website and the promo videos, so figured why not give it a try and see whether "The Mouse" is actually worth twice what NCL is charging, for virtually the same itinerary (my hunch is that it isn't).

There are 3 of us sailing, myself, my wife and daughter (who will be 11 when we go). Booked us into a "Larger Balcony" room (B6) on Deck 9. No particular reason why, just figured that a larger balcony room was about the same cost as a regular balcony room, so why not... If I have made a horrible mistake, please let me know.

Looking forward to learning more about sailing on NCL from the experts on the board as time goes on.

I only ever sailed ncl it's awesome, you're going to get addicted to freestyle lol. I'm sailing on the 3 day and I can't wait.

Hi all.

Welcome to CC! :D

The extension has an interesting glass enclosure in the renderings, so hopefully something fun will be located there :)

Ditto. It seemed to be open on the outside Waterfront level but that could have been poor/early renders.

Another thing that catched me was the kind of black spot left of the grotto;

2v3frqg.jpg

Is there something blurred/blacked out there?

Another thing that catched me was the kind of black spot left of the grotto;

Is there something blurred/blacked out there?

Interesting find. Perhaps it's the box for storing/firing the fireworks? I've noticed that these renderings don't show the same sort of fireworks setup that Breakaway and Getaway have.

Maybe it's just an omission in the renders? Maybe Escape will have a revamped show? Maybe Escape won't have fireworks at all? Too many possibilities at the moment!

I think what we take away from these is to take the renderings with a grain of salt.

Does anyone have ANY idea what the onboard Entertainment might be?? I've been googling like crazy and found nothing.

Welcome. :) I recently sailed on NCL for the first time (Epic) after nine Disney and one Princess cruise and had a great time. I wrote a review on my blog (link is in my signature) if you are interested in reading it. I used to swear by Disney but since I have branched out to other lines I am enjoying them just as much. We also booked the Escape for 2015. :)

Does anyone have ANY idea what the onboard Entertainment might be?? I've been googling like crazy and found nothing.

Unfortunately it hasn't been revealed yet. But, fear not, we should know pretty soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Unfortunately it hasn't been revealed yet. But, fear not, we should know pretty soon!

I bet it will be something awesome though

Welcome. :) I recently sailed on NCL for the first time (Epic) after nine Disney and one Princess cruise and had a great time. I wrote a review on my blog (link is in my signature) if you are interested in reading it. I used to swear by Disney but since I have branched out to other lines I am enjoying them just as much. We also booked the Escape for 2015. :)

Thanks Holula. Just read (and really enjoyed) your review.

Hi all.

We also booked 6 of the B6's for a June 2016 family reunion. I checked, and the size of the regular balconies is 34/35 sq. ft., which is tiny! The B6's have an 80 sq. ft. balcony. Over twice the size is wonderful.

This is basically my story too! I've done 11 Disney cruises - up to 4 in a year - and now have none booked. And not sure when I will. Enjoying NCL, exploring new ships, and seeing new ports! And paying less, of course (oh, heck, who are we kidding? I just splurge more!) :)

For entertainment, I am going to make a wild guess at a Broadway Show - We Will Rock You.

We Will Rock You is apparently going to be the show on Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas, which debuts on April lol. I'd be surprised if it also ends up on Escape.