Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

so let me get this straight.

Bliss is gone and replace with the sky bar

spice h20 is now adults -well 18 and over day and night. so im "assuming" that the adult deck night parties will be held there, and this could replace "bliss"

since they have made spice h20 completely "childless", my assumption (yet again) is that they have significantly increased desk space by the pool to have all the family events like the glow party, Norwegians night out ect. and those parties will take place there??

do to BA /GA current situation all parties are held in spice because it lack space by pool. which means spice becomes "family friendly" at night.

The 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar..now this spot is "interesting" to me, according to advertising it states,

"Enjoy the sounds of the tropics while sipping on a signature margarita on The Waterfront. As the sun starts to set, that’s when the party really heats up. Let the sounds of live musical performances move you well into the night. Or grab a table inside, make some new friends and keep the good times rolling on and on."

according to the deck plans this replaces sunset bar and the grammy experience area. it will have live band/piped music or dj??? it looks like a pretty large area. the pictures depict women dancing on tables....lol....however, it didnt say adults only. wondering if this spot is what's replacing "bliss" at night?

again, its hard to tell. but its clearly a large space for a "bar".

im just having a hard time understanding a new build not having a disco per se. if it rains, spice is unusable. granted bliss on the Epic was Epic, and the design style on BA/GA was stale, which was done purposely. i think.

on one of my previous cruises, i had a chat about with a cruise director ..any way lets just say we both agreed that Bliss on the Epic could get "ratchet"

but i got the feeling from our chat NCL did not want a repeat of some of the activities that takes place on them beds in the Epic lounge.:D;)

just wondering if i missed something.

so let me get this straight.

Bliss is gone and replace with the sky bar

spice h20 is now adults -well 18 and over day and night. so im "assuming" that the adult deck night parties will be held there, and this could replace "bliss"

. . .

according to the deck plans this replaces sunset bar and the grammy experience area. it will have live band/piped music or dj??? it looks like a pretty large area. the pictures depict women dancing on tables....lol....however, it didnt say adults only. wondering if this spot is what's replacing "bliss" at night?

again, its hard to tell. but its clearly a large space for a "bar".

im just having a hard time understanding a new build not having a disco per se. if it rains, spice is unusable. granted bliss on the Epic was Epic, and the design style on BA/GA was stale, which was done purposely. i think.

That's one of my major remaining questions about Escape too, and there has not been a clear answer to date. Unfortunately launching new builds without a purpose built dance club seems to be a bit of an industry trend these days. RCI launched its Quantum Class without one, and it's third Oasis Class ship coming out next year will not have Blaze, the club from the first two. Carnival's next ship, Vista, will also not have a purpose built club and will it seems share space with the ship's main show lounge like the Carnival Sunshine before her. So while I'm unhappy that NCL scrapped Bliss for Escape, I can't say I'm surprised. I'm pretty confident though that one of the interior spaces will host DJ music some nights, and/or at least serve as a backup location for Spice when it rains.

Edited by Dave85

Can anyone comment on a room being near the elevators and noise levels or if there are any noise problems? Currently I have us booked in room 5142 on the Escape. Its near the elevators on level 5, also the same floor as the kids area.

No problem at all.

A lot of us prefer rooms near the elevators. Unless we are going for something specific like aft or large balconies, our next preference is to be near the stairs.

Vibe is restricted to those that have paid for access. You do not get free access to Vibe in a suite. All suites on the Escape are considered a part of the Haven, for which you get access to the Haven Courtyard and Lounge which is completely separate from (but next to with a closed door between it and) Vibe.

Sorry, I was thinking of Posh, you are correct of course.

My point still stands though. You may need to pay for Vibe but you also get a lot quieter space than Spice.

Can anyone comment on a room being near the elevators and noise levels or if there are any noise problems? Currently I have us booked in room 5142 on the Escape. Its near the elevators on level 5, also the same floor as the kids area.

Sorry dude if you are near the kids area your probably going your a lot. That's okay though nobody goes on a cruise for quiet lol That is what a library is for.

I always try to book as near the elevators as possible (especially on the newer ships).

Never had an issue with noise.

Thanks Dave, i had no idea that this was the new trend. i wonder if they feel if the nightclub scene is dated and feel like they can use that space for other purposes.

Now i wonder about nightlife or the lack there of on Escape. It looks as if howl at the moon is gone as well.

The beer bar nor the wine bar does not excite me. With the increase in drink prices & grat, i need to have reason to spend that extra $$$ and those 2 venues aint it.

So i really can't wait to see what plans they have for night time entertainment, beyond the shows and comedy club.

I personally chose ships base upon the nightlife scene. Im single. No kids and if i wanted to go to bed early i would save the money and stay home. Lol

Thankfully i have friends on the inaugural sailing and the first sailing out of miami so im going to put them on assignment and provide me with feedback.

As a solo traveler that would be a deal breaker for me. But i will definitely keep an open mind:):D

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

No problem at all.

A lot of us prefer rooms near the elevators. Unless we are going for something specific like aft or large balconies, our next preference is to be near the stairs.

Sorry dude if you are near the kids area your probably going your a lot. That's okay though nobody goes on a cruise for quiet lol That is what a library is for.

I always try to book as near the elevators as possible (especially on the newer ships).

Thanks! The family ocean view rooms are on 5. I have kids, I just didn't want a huge problem with noise at night (during the night) as I am unsure of this.

Edited by BlackCat9Lives

No problem at all.

Thanks! The family ocean view rooms are on 5. I have kids, I just didn't want a huge problem with noise at night (during the night) as I am unsure of this.

Profit and revenue during daytime use would be my guess. :)

That's my guess too. I DEFINITELY do not think the cruise lines are giving up the late night dance club scene! It's still popular and drives substantial alcoholic beverage revenue. Anecdotally, I've been following what RCI is doing with Quantum ahead of my Anthem cruise later in the year, and even there is no dedicated dance club, they still have one, if not TWO, venues at night with DJs spinning. I expect it'll be similar on Escape, with Spice being a big part of it.

That's my guess too. I DEFINITELY do not think the cruise lines are giving up the late night dance club scene! It's still popular and drives substantial alcoholic beverage revenue. Anecdotally, I've been following what RCI is doing with Quantum ahead of my Anthem cruise later in the year, and even there is no dedicated dance club, they still have one, if not TWO, venues at night with DJs spinning. I expect it'll be similar on Escape, with Spice being a big part of it.

I agree. Plus they make soooo much money at night with drinking.

We usually cruise during spring break, and I never see Bliss with a lot of people in it. I do see lots around the bars, etc., but Bliss is usually dead.

In my experience there's usually less business at the night club during big family cruising weeks.

We usually cruise during spring break, and I never see Bliss with a lot of people in it. I do see lots around the bars, etc., but Bliss is usually dead.

You got to go after midnight that's when it really picks up and gets jumping. they gotta wait for all the old people to go to bed lmao. trust me after midnight it's a very fun. I've seen girls making out with each other and dancing suggestively its awesome lol.