Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Don't be too upset! You can always go up a few decks to the Haven and enjoy all the sky and sun you want :)

We have the same cabin for a December 2016 sailing on the Escape and I'm not worried about the hull balcony at all. After having an Aft PH on the Getaway and almost never using the huge balcony because of all the time spent on the Haven sundeck, I figure the hull balcony is perfect. We still have a little view and nice spot for coffee in the morning (and protected from the wind) and we're much closer to the Haven now.

So, for Sestar, don't be too upset. Unless you really intend to spend a lot of time on that balcony, you'll be more than compensated by the awesome Haven sundeck. :)

Can someone translate? Specifically, is it the ship itself that was on fire? I can't tell if they are talking about the ship, or somewhere in the building.

http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/577021/papenburg-geringe-schaden-nach-brand-auf-schiffsneubau#gallery&0&0&577021

There was a small fire on the Escape, however, Meyer Werft states it will not affect the schedule. So good news and bad. That was all that was in that particular article. Will see if I can find more about it.

P.S. Here is the website I used to translate: http://www.systranet.com/translate/

I just copied and pasted each paragraph individually and selected the languages (German to English) and hit "translate". Great site.

Edited by tarps14

There was a small fire on the Escape, however, Meyer Werft states it will not affect the schedule. So good news and bad. That was all that was in that particular article. Will see if I can find more about it.

Thank you. I couldn't tell from the article if it was the ship itself, or something else.

I wonder if the Escape is behind schedule. I ask this because both the BA & GA construction were ahead at this point, when you factor in days out from delivery.

I backtracked from both previous ships being 5 months from actual delivery date. Hull art was well under way, interior fittings where started, and ship exterior was completely painted and superstructure was done.

Now if you factor in the larger size of Escape. They should be further along. Ship should be ready for float out.

I am not sure but good observation.

BA was build in record time, GA took a few months more. ES is a whole new class, not a one on one plus a deck copy but technically different (wider decks under the Waterfront like a previous poster found out).

I think Meyer Werft also slightly tweaked the building process since the last ships, maximizing the hall's floor space and assembling time of the blocks which come in from another hall. But that contradicts your observation.

So I am not sure, Meyer can't have a delay with their orderbook full..

Not sure what happened, but I believe that the same thing happened on the Getaway when it was being built. Glad to hear there will be no delays.

6&8

You are right. When I was googling Meyer Werft Norwegian fire all the info was on the Getaway fire, this was the only thing related to Escape. So I guess it's just part of the building process at this point :)

A single welder can cause a yard fire incident if he set's a rag on fire. Little fires are not uncommon when a ship is in the yard, either for construction or repairs.

Welder's on military ships have to have a fire watch looking out for fires both where he is welding and on the opposite side of any bulkhead his torch is touching.

Larger fires are less common but do occasionally happen.

Meyer Werft spokesman Peter Hackmann said, a leaking gas hose was on fire.

http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/577462/leck-im-gasschlauch-loste-feuer-auf-meyer-werft-aus

English Google translation:

The fire on the ship construction of the Meyer Werft in Papenburg on Tuesday night has erupted at a gas hose leak. The police said on Wednesday. The fire on the "Norwegian Escape" was extinguished quickly, the damage remained low, according to the shipyard. The schedule will not be affected by the fire, said shipyard spokesman Peter Hackmann. (Read more: minor damage to fire on Ship Newbuilding) Meanwhile, having passed with 3,500 people on board against Bermuda in the Atlantic due to built at the Meyer Werft 13 years ago cruise ship "Norwegian Dawn". No one was injured. The vessel was refloated after a few hours. A power failure had caused the incident. The 292-meter-long ship was built in Papenburg for the US shipping company Norwegian Cruise Line in 2002. Hackmann said to demand from our editors that the shipyard after delivery of the ships usually grant one year warranty.

2015_05_18_Halle_6_2_W466.jpg

The webcam as of today, back to one shot. :o

So, forgive me and my horrible inability to figure these things out lol... but are the large balcony mini-suites just forward of that green arm thing and just above the plastic tarped area? Like I think I can see the bones of the dividers between each balcony, but they aren't closed yet?