Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Just booked room 13870 for May! Has anyone been in an angled balcony room? If so, how is it?

Was having a hard time deciding bt Oasis, Allure and Getaway, Escape. I was reading the Royal Caribbean boards and everyone e seemed to be complaining about something or arguing so I decided to go ahead and try out a practically brand new ship for my first NCL cruise. I come to the NCL boards and most people are happy with their experience and those that aren't still seem happy.

Looking forward to our cruise!

We had angled balcony on Getaway last December, makes such a difference - enjoy. We have booked a deck 9 forward large balcony for maiden voyage from Southampton - can't wait

Chris & Yvonne

We had angled balcony on Getaway last December, makes such a difference - enjoy. We have booked a deck 9 forward large balcony for maiden voyage from Southampton - can't wait

Chris & Yvonne

I'm just glad to have a balcony, I see a lot of people saying they hope they have an angled one. I'm reminded of that before I couldn't afford the cruise and I'm thankful that I can now.

Just booked room 13870 for May! Has anyone been in an angled balcony room? If so, how is it?

Was having a hard time deciding bt Oasis, Allure and Getaway, Escape. I was reading the Royal Caribbean boards and everyone e seemed to be complaining about something or arguing so I decided to go ahead and try out a practically brand new ship for my first NCL cruise. I come to the NCL boards and most people are happy with their experience and those that aren't still seem happy.

We were in that exact same angled cabin, 13870, on Getaway, and also have it booked on one of our upcoming Escape trips. We have angled booked for both. The extra space is nice. That location is perfect, right by the stairs and elevators.

Good to hear about the angled balcony! I was nervous about forward facing, but I'd rather have a little more wind than none at all! We had an aft wrap on Carnival Conquest and there was about a 15 degree temperature change from the aft part to the side.

One more question about my cabin choice, if I may. Do y'all know if the Escape will have fireworks? If so, am I on the correct side? It's the only angled cabin I could find so if I'm not I'll just have to stand with the masses:D

I was on the other side of the ship on Getaway and saw the fireworks from my balcony. I heard you couldn't see them from your side. May be different on Escape though.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for one on that side, but won't fret if we can't change.

Good to hear about the angled balcony! I was nervous about forward facing, but I'd rather have a little more wind than none at all! We had an aft wrap on Carnival Conquest and there was about a 15 degree temperature change from the aft part to the side.

One more question about my cabin choice, if I may. Do y'all know if the Escape will have fireworks? If so, am I on the correct side? It's the only angled cabin I could find so if I'm not I'll just have to stand with the masses:D

I was on the other side of the ship on Getaway and saw the fireworks from my balcony. I heard you couldn't see them from your side. May be different on Escape though.

I have never once seen anyone who has stayed in a forward facing angled balcony talk about wind issues. I have seen many warned about possible wind by those who have not stayed in one of these cabins. :D

I can't imagine planning a location on a ship around fireworks, but that's just me. We don't even know if there will be any on Escape or not. If there are, the last place I'd want to see them is holed up in my cabin. On the other hand, I love the way the bars on the ship clear out during fireworks time so you can get great seats all to yourself. :p

I have never once seen anyone who has stayed in a forward facing angled balcony talk about wind issues. I have seen many warned about possible wind by those who have not stayed in one of these cabins. :D

I can't imagine planning a location on a ship around fireworks, but that's just me. We don't even know if there will be any on Escape or not. If there are, the last place I'd want to see them is holed up in my cabin. On the other hand, I love the way the bars on the ship clear out during fireworks time so you can get great seats all to yourself. :p

We've always enjoyed the fireworks from our balcony on the Breakaway and the Getaway. It's nice not to have to "fight" for a space up on deck. We get a beverage and enjoy the ocean and the fireworks.

Works great for us - but I would not necessary choose a cabin location based on the fireworks.

If you're logged in at FB you can even download a bigger size of them. :D

edit; forward part at max:

15pna4j.jpg

Anyone that knows more than me know where the Penthouse Suites are? And if so, has the ability to mark them. It will be my first time in a suite and I'm not sure where they're located. I know it's on deck 17 LOL

Edit: I think I found them!

Thanks!

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Oh, no. It would be an added bonus if we could see them. Definitely not a reason to change sides of the ship! It's legal to buy and use then where I live. I just thought it'd be cool to see them from a ship. Truth be known once on board I'll forget all about them. Ha!

We've always enjoyed the fireworks from our balcony on the Breakaway and the Getaway. It's nice not to have to "fight" for a space up on deck. We get a beverage and enjoy the ocean and the fireworks.

Works great for us - but I would not necessary choose a cabin location based on the fireworks.

I wouldn't fight for a spot, either. I've seen fireworks numerous times in my life, so it's no big deal to me. I know others aren't as fortunate.

Sounds like a moot point for Escape though, based on Barnacle Boy's post.

I had a forward facing angled balcony on Getaway. No need to be worried about wind, we didn't have any problems at all. The angled balconies are lovely, I wish we had managed to snag one for our Escape cruise, but I was a good daughter and let my parents have it. :)

Are you sure you're cabin # is 13870? I can't find that number on the deck plan. Any time I read a post that mentions a cabin # I always like to check it on the deck plans. Gives me a better understanding of whatever issue or question they might have.

Are you sure you're cabin # is 13870? I can't find that number on the deck plan. Any time I read a post that mentions a cabin # I always like to check it on the deck plans. Gives me a better understanding of whatever issue or question they might have.

Yup. It's BE category.

I suppose it's possible things might change. Still some time before October.

Fireworks are a huge hassle. Loading, storing and launching explosive material. Huge fire hazard. Cleanup afterwards took forever.

All true...but the fireworks at sea seemed like it was becoming their "thing"! ;)

not even for Guy Fawkes night on 5 November??!!

From what I understand, fireworks at sea are not easy to put on, and are unlikely to be done as a one off.

Even if NCL were to decide to do a one off display, it's unlikely that they would pick a date associated with fireworks in the UK. I'd have thought 4th July would be far more likely.

Can you find it now? Like I mentioned, I also have that cabin number booked. Surely you can't think we are both wrong.

Untitled-1_zpsdfkb4mfs.jpg