Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I was checking out the NCL website Escape page a few minutes ago, and looking at the descriptions of the Haven suites. I have a Aft Haven Penthouse booked in January and looked at the square footage for the balcony, so here it is from the site:

"The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Balcony

With access to The Haven, these Penthouses feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. They offer an unforgettable view from the aft-facing, private balcony.

Accommodates: 4

Total Approx. Size: 534 sq. ft.

Balcony Size: 78 sq. ft."

I'm booked on the Getaway the week following my Escape cruise, and checking the same reference, the square footage of my aft facing Haven Penthouse suite is 257sq ft. I read somewhere on the boards that the balconies on the Escape were "narrower" , but I didn't bargain for 2/3's smaller.:confused: I hope its a misprint, I can't imagine 78 sq ft four feet wide by 20 feet long???:rolleyes:

The origin of the H8 is, presumably:

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2148159

where the OP says:

"Every time I look it says that it is "unavailable." I have checked numerous dates, including extending my window beyond January and I'm not getting any other results. I called my PCC to see if he had an answer. After telling me he had to check with the higher ups as to why this was happening he called me back and stated that there is only 1 of this type of cabin on the whole ship and currently they are having a fire zoning problem with having 3 people in there."

So they came short halve a stateroom in the design and decided to make the last one in the row a 1½ one, a one of a kind to not cross the fireproof wall between the staterooms and spa.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

We have discussed that quite a bit here. I think we have consensus that the 78 ft.² does not apply. I'm guessing the width of those balconies are somewhere between 24-26'. This is from my experience on the deck nine aft PH on the Getaway last year. Those were 401 ft.² It doesn't appear that these balconies are much smaller on the aft to me than the aways.

I was checking out the NCL website Escape page a few minutes ago, and looking at the descriptions of the Haven suites. I have a Aft Haven Penthouse booked in January and looked at the square footage for the balcony, so here it is from the site:

"The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Balcony

With access to The Haven, these Penthouses feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. They offer an unforgettable view from the aft-facing, private balcony.

Accommodates: 4

Total Approx. Size: 534 sq. ft.

Balcony Size: 78 sq. ft."

I'm booked on the Getaway the week following my Escape cruise, and checking the same reference, the square footage of my aft facing Haven Penthouse suite is 257sq ft. I read somewhere on the boards that the balconies on the Escape were "narrower" , but I didn't bargain for 2/3's smaller.:confused: I hope its a misprint, I can't imagine 78 sq ft four feet wide by 20 feet long???:rolleyes:

Here is what I posted earlier in this thread......

I think many measurements have be conservatively "guesstimated" and will be updated to actuals when then ship is put in to service.

Same thing has happened with the aft PH balcony. When we first booked the balcony sq ft was listed at 40-something and now it's listed at 78 sq ft which according the photos out there is still wrong! :o

The photos that have surfaced since float out seem to show the aft PH balconies are similar in size to that of the -Aways.

Hi all,

Brand new to the NCL club here. Gonna be taking a family cruise on the Escape on 1/16/16 for my 40th B-day. Anyways, not sure if this is the right area, but is there any insider info on the Mini-Suite's? I really don't feel like reading thru 4207 posts. Thanks in advance...

Hi all,

Brand new to the NCL club here. Gonna be taking a family cruise on the Escape on 1/16/16 for my 40th B-day. Anyways, not sure if this is the right area, but is there any insider info on the Mini-Suite's? I really don't feel like reading thru 4207 posts. Thanks in advance...

Hi jssmith76, welcome to Cruise Critic. Click here for the search result of mini suite on this thread. The site has a search tool to search the threads for keywords. At least we got it down from 4207 to 49 results. :)

Hi all,

What sort of information are you after?

Hi all,

Welcome. In a nutshell, the mini-suite is a balcony cabin with a bigger bathroom and cool shower. There are NO suite amenities with the mini-suite. It is a misnomer from NCL. This is a topic that has been discussed quite often on these boards. Have a great cruise.

Welcome. In a nutshell, the mini-suite is a balcony cabin with a bigger bathroom and cool shower. There are NO suite amenities with the mini-suite. It is a misnomer from NCL. This is a topic that has been discussed quite often on these boards. Have a great cruise.

No suite amenities... That's a bummer. We reserved 14198, an MA class stateroom. I was told there's rooms above and below us, so it should be nice and quiet. As opposed to hearing people and deck chairs, etc... The discussion about the Mini-Suite's, was that in this thread as well?

Thanks,

Josh

No suite amenities... That's a bummer. We reserved 14198, an MA class stateroom. I was told there's rooms above and below us, so it should be nice and quiet. As opposed to hearing people and deck chairs, etc... The discussion about the Mini-Suite's, was that in this thread as well?

Thanks,

Josh

Here are a couple....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2239835&highlight=mini-suite

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2239835&highlight=mini-suite

Best balconies for the mini's are the M6 cat. ones at deck 8, all the way forward.

Yes yes yes. stayed in one of these on Getaway and Loved it. The balcony had 2 loungers, 2 chairs a small table and still tons of space.

They are called Large Balcony Minisuites and are located on deck 8

On getaway they are coded MX

tps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

Yes yes yes. stayed in one of these on Getaway and Loved it. The balcony had 2 loungers, 2 chairs a small table and still tons of space.

They are called Large Balcony Minisuites and are located on deck 8

On getaway they are coded MX

tps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

Nearly half of the M6's are available for our sailing date. We were contemplating changing from a standard balcony to the M6 since the price difference is marginal. My concern is the privacy issue. Did you feel like the passengers above you were staring down into your balcony?

Yes when we where close to the edge. We would turn around and look up seeing people looking down on us. "Thinking why is their balcony so big?"

" Why do they have a lounge chair?"

about 2/3's of it is covered and that part is private but the 1/3 closer to the edge is not.

I never feel as if balconies on ships are private you can always look up, down left or right and see you neighbors. You just see more of them on a extended balcony.

For us being a family of 4 with tall kids the extra space is worth it. My son and DH would sit outside while DD and I got ready, getting out of the way and way from curling irons and sprays.

The larger bathroom is really nice too.

Thanks for the info. I don;t remember paying too much extra for the Mini. Should still be a fun cruise none-the-less.

Thanks,

Josh

Hi there! Just booked the Jan 30th sailing and got the two free unlimited beverage packages...my question is, how strict are they going to be on "sharing" the package? Like if the sticker is on my mom's sea pass are they going to ask for ID if my sister takes her card up to the bar to get a drink for her?

They very well might be that strict. If you are in a public place, let a server know where your mom is and tell them to swing by often and see if she needs anything. If you want to take a drink back to the room, etc. for your mom, it may be a problem.

Hi there! Just booked the Jan 30th sailing and got the two free unlimited beverage packages...my question is, how strict are they going to be on "sharing" the package? Like if the sticker is on my mom's sea pass are they going to ask for ID if my sister takes her card up to the bar to get a drink for her?

They are very strict on "sharing" the package if you get caught, but it's like any other kind of stealing - no one is "strict" unless you get caught. Good luck. Be proud!

It's 2:30am Germany time

You mean 2.30am Dutch time, the ship is currently in one of the most beautiful countries in the world: The Netherlands! :D

Understood, which is 5 1/2 hours from now. I was responding to FN's comment about no movement yet from earlier today.

Thanks for the heads up! Appreciate your effort for giving the local time, as you meant it. ;)