Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

As far as I'm aware, Margaritaville has only been scheduled to be open for breakfast and lunch. That is how it was last week (except for the days they didn't do breakfast because of the weather -I assume).

The info for the a la carte places was how it worked for us.

You don't have to wait to see Food Republic prices:

You are awesome with the Food Republic Menu...thank you thank you!!!!!

Mary

OK everyone we are on the ship on the 14 November 2015.

I promise the minute I get back, I will post everything that is going on.

I know that it drives everyone a little crazy, cause it does me.

All of you on the TA gave us so much info, I just want to pass on what I find out to those who are sailing after me.

Is there anything else that someone would like to know?

The last time I will most likely be on is Fri AM or early PM.

Along with the other list, if you do a cabin crawl and can get pics of as many aft cabins as possible it would be great. We have on on 12 right now but really want to have the biggest possible along with everyone else!!

Thanks

I'm with you on this one. Exactly what/where is complimentary?

As far as I can determine, MDR (sort of complimentary) buffet and for the time being O'Sheenan's.

Now for my rant, when we booked this cruise 11 months ago we did plan with thought to many things, one of the most important being the 17 month old Munchkin that is going with us. First off yes, I can afford to pay the stupid extra fees that have materialized out of thin air over the last months, that however is NOT the point! The point is that I paid for free room service, free Margaritaville, and several other things. Having free room service was important to us since if Munchkin was cranky or sleeping we could order and stay in room (remember we had paid for it), forget that now. Next since we aren't specialty eaters, nor would we be doing the dining room as the Munchkin really wouldn't like having to sit there about 2 hours, we took note of Margaritaville being a sit down complimentary venue and O'sheenans as well. OK, this would be ok, we and the Munchkin could have a nice served meal in a fairly short amount of time, without having to worry about Munchkin or the people around us.

Now that brings us down to these options. O'Sheenan's every meal, I don't think so. MDR fine, but when Munchkin starts getting antsy, remember we had planned for this Margaritaville and O'Sheenan's but DelRio or whoever has apparently yanked part of that option out from under us. OK that leaves the buffet. 7 people times 1 or 2 plates. Opps, we didn't like that, we'll just go back and get and try something else...etc....etc...etc. (hey we paid for it why not?) You can call it wasting food or whatever you want, BUT this would not be happening if we had the still had the option of the simple cheeseburger and fries or etc that we originally planned and paid for.

So for those that will get upset at Munchkin at the MDR or those of you that feel like we are "wasting" food at the buffet....remember NCL changed the "rules" midstream so we will apparently have to adapt to the new things. And if that means we have to eat in MDR, Munchkin be joining us, if this bothers you, sorry but blame us having to eat there on DelRio. If we try several different things in the buffet till we find something we really want to eat, don't say we are wasteful. We knew we would eat the burgers and such and not be wasteful, but yet again DelRio or whoever changed the rules on this as well, so if we are considered wasteful....put the blame on NCL. This vacation was thoroughly thought out, with many things in mind, cost, convenience, what I thought was a cruiseline that had advertised certain things, but reneged on so many of them, so now I guess I have to make the best of it!!! See you in the MDR or at the buffet!

Interesting. Since Margaritaville only appears to be open at breakfast and lunch, where did you plan to eat dinner??? Just curious as to why I would blame NCL for your misbehaving child in the MDR. The Manhattan room isn't open for breakfast or lunch.

I also was on the TA...it is a beautiful ship. Here are a couple of comments of my experiences etc. Mostly a great cruise!!!

Overall things went well....we were in an aft balcony cabin 9324. The closet was very close to the bed so it was difficult to get to it. We were woken up several nights with loud music and bass sound but weren't sure where they were coming from. This happened anywhere from 12 MN to 2 am.

If you want an aft cabin I would recommend a higher deck. Our room Steward was AWESOME!!!

The bar and restaurant service was slow; not because the staff/crew were not working hard. There was not enough people working to accommodate the guests requests......poor customer service NCL. For example - Dinner in several specialty restaurants took 3 hours. One bartender at the Mixx bar so people waiting for dinner at Taste or Savor could not get a drink; people wanted to spend money but they weren't allowed. Not all of us had the drink package.

The running out of wine and no coffee for the coffee makers in the cabins, both things I happen to like, was really disappointing; this isn't NCL's first TA with a new ship. Again people wanted to spend money but couldn't buy what they wanted.

The solo lounge does not have a bar like on the 'away' ships. The solo gatherings I went to were not well organized an the solo cruise person did not appeared interested in the job. He actually showed up at one with Power Point slides.

If you would like to iron - call housekeeping and they will bring an iron and board to your cabin. I did it and I had them in 5 minutes.

The disembarkation was what I expected; not much different than other cruise experiences.

Had a really good time but the jury is still out whether I will re-book with NCL - too much uncertainty on what product you actually get after you book.

Safe cruising all!!

I am in this cabin January 30th sailing. Is the bed next to balcony or is the couch. We're any Aft balconies larger than others?

As far as I can determine, MDR (sort of complimentary) buffet and for the time being O'Sheenan's.

Now for my rant, when we booked this cruise 11 months ago we did plan with thought to many things, one of the most important being the 17 month old Munchkin that is going with us. First off yes, I can afford to pay the stupid extra fees that have materialized out of thin air over the last months, that however is NOT the point! The point is that I paid for free room service, free Margaritaville, and several other things. Having free room service was important to us since if Munchkin was cranky or sleeping we could order and stay in room (remember we had paid for it), forget that now. Next since we aren't specialty eaters, nor would we be doing the dining room as the Munchkin really wouldn't like having to sit there about 2 hours, we took note of Margaritaville being a sit down complimentary venue and O'sheenans as well. OK, this would be ok, we and the Munchkin could have a nice served meal in a fairly short amount of time, without having to worry about Munchkin or the people around us.

Now that brings us down to these options. O'Sheenan's every meal, I don't think so. MDR fine, but when Munchkin starts getting antsy, remember we had planned for this Margaritaville and O'Sheenan's but DelRio or whoever has apparently yanked part of that option out from under us. OK that leaves the buffet. 7 people times 1 or 2 plates. Opps, we didn't like that, we'll just go back and get and try something else...etc....etc...etc. (hey we paid for it why not?) You can call it wasting food or whatever you want, BUT this would not be happening if we had the still had the option of the simple cheeseburger and fries or etc that we originally planned and paid for.

So for those that will get upset at Munchkin at the MDR or those of you that feel like we are "wasting" food at the buffet....remember NCL changed the "rules" midstream so we will apparently have to adapt to the new things. And if that means we have to eat in MDR, Munchkin be joining us, if this bothers you, sorry but blame us having to eat there on DelRio. If we try several different things in the buffet till we find something we really want to eat, don't say we are wasteful. We knew we would eat the burgers and such and not be wasteful, but yet again DelRio or whoever changed the rules on this as well, so if we are considered wasteful....put the blame on NCL. This vacation was thoroughly thought out, with many things in mind, cost, convenience, what I thought was a cruiseline that had advertised certain things, but reneged on so many of them, so now I guess I have to make the best of it!!! See you in the MDR or at the buffet!

Interesting. Since Margaritaville only appears to be open at breakfast and lunch, where did you plan to eat dinner??? Just curious as to why I would blame NCL for your misbehaving child in the MDR. The Manhattan room isn't open for breakfast or lunch.

I bailed after the third "munchkin" reference.

OK everyone we are on the ship on the 14 November 2015.

I promise the minute I get back, I will post everything that is going on.

I know that it drives everyone a little crazy, cause it does me.

All of you on the TA gave us so much info, I just want to pass on what I find out to those who are sailing after me.

Is there anything else that someone would like to know?

The last time I will most likely be on is Fri AM or early PM.

Thanks for doing this!

I would like to know what time they actually start with easy walk off (carry your own luggage off) on the last day.

I am in this cabin January 30th sailing. Is the bed next to balcony or is the couch. We're any Aft balconies larger than others?

B1 9324

The post you quoted indicated bed by closet, therefore couch by balcony.

Deck 9 is the deepest of the aft B1 balconies.

Although if built similar to BA and GA the port side B1's, just port of the centerline are not as wide as the other B1's. If that makes sense.

So on BA/GA 9322, 11314, 12310, 13308 are not as wide as the other aft non HA B1's. Looks to be to be a similar situation the the Escape. Although difficult to tell without a straight aft photo of the Escape with all the dividers in place.

So ES B1 9324 could have less width than other B1's

Although still at least twice the size of most verandas.

See BA/GA pic; http://www.jimzim.net/Photos/NorwegianGetaway/Norwegian_Getaway_Aft_IMG_5390.JPG

See Escape pic / but not many dividers installed yet.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2015_08_escape_ausdocken/1500K3__8454.jpg

HTH

ETA; It's true, built the same as BA/GA as JoltnPest just posted a great pic, unlike my link.

Therefore 9324, 11318, 12312, 13312, 14306 and 15286 are not as wide as other aft facing B1's. IMO.

Edited by bear3412

Likely O'Sheehan's and MDR stands for Main Dining Room, not Manhattan Dining Room.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

I understand the issue with room service now being chargeable, but I'm confused with your problem at the buffet.

From what you are saying, with room service or the MDR when you look at a menu and select some food without actually seeing it first, there is no problem, but at the buffet where you can actually look at the food before putting it on your plate you are expecting to suddenly not like a lot of the food and waste it?

The buffet is an excellent option with families, as you can look at what you want, try small amounts of different things and waste very little if you don't like something.

You can even get one of the selection of different types of burgers they have there.

As I said, I sympathise about the room service now being chargeable, but the rest of your rant reads as if you are looking for other things to be a problem.