Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I don't know the answer to that, but have enjoyed the lunch menu in the MDR. Popcorn shrimp appetizer is delicious. :D

We should have done that, we never made it to the mdr or breakfast or lunch... Dinner a couple times... And it was really good. Next time might be easier... We were trying to wrangle three adults and an 11 year old last month... Too many decisions lol.

We should have done that, we never made it to the mdr or breakfast or lunch... Dinner a couple times... And it was really good. Next time might be easier... We were trying to wrangle three adults and an 11 year old last month... Too many decisions lol.

We actually thought the MDR had the best lunch on the cruise (including excellent service).

[ATTACH]347656[/ATTACH]

New pics on Meyer Werft today. Not sure if I have attched or not:confused:

Looking at the webcam on the website it looks to me that the SPA is gonna have some outdoor space, I see some railings that the Aways do not have. hopefully because we love the Spa on the BA but i think it will be nice to have some sort of outdoor deck like i think the Epic has.

I actually saw the screen on the Escape and assumed it was the same as the MUTS on Princess. However, I don't think it is. I am sure they will be other things to do but we really liked this concept of watching the movies outdoors. Kinda reminded me of a drive in.

we were on the EPIC in November and the screen was used for MUTS on some night, Not during the day and not sure if it was every night as they had the white hot party there as well

Just spoke to my cruise consultant and she said that the escape will definitely be ready to go by launch date. I am so excited to sail this ship, with everything I've seen it looks like it's going to be awesome. I hope everyone has a blast on their respective sailing.

I feel so bad for people who cruise on Getaway/Breakaway/Escape and who do not get a spa cabin or buy a spa pass.

Seriously, don't "feel bad" for me. I wouldn't go if it were free. They would have to drag me kicking and screaming. We don't all have to enjoy the same things. I feel sorry for you for thinking that way.

Seriously, don't "feel bad" for me. I wouldn't go if it were free. They would have to drag me kicking and screaming. We don't all have to enjoy the same things. I feel sorry for you for thinking that way.

Yikes! I wouldnt even think of getting into a public spa. Gross!!

I agree with you, though I can't wait for the spa it's true that not everyone enjoys it

I don't think that he meant it "that way". :cool:

Based on his review, it was a feature that he and his wife really enjoyed, that's all.

I have been following and thoroughly enjoying the photos of the escape in its various stages of construction. As such, of course, I have been dependent on the good and talented folks who posted those shots.

I've been to the Webcam page of www.meyerwerft.de. Unfortunately, the photos there are limited in number and especially, in quality.

Is there a site to which I can connect to find current and recent high resolution pictures?

I have been following and thoroughly enjoying the photos of the escape in its various stages of construction. As such, of course, I have been dependent on the good and talented folks who posted those shots.

I've been to the Webcam page of www.meyerwerft.de. Unfortunately, the photos there are limited in number and especially, in quality.

Is there a site to which I can connect to find current and recent high resolution pictures?

I'm guessing you are referring to photos of the actual build - which I have not seen all on one place. :cool:

But, in March this link appeared - it is all of the artist renderings for the Escape, in one place!

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=5b5bed65-ba96-46eb-8647-446621475024

I'm guessing you are referring to photos of the actual build - which I have not seen all on one place. :cool:

But, in March this link appeared - it is all of the artist renderings for the Escape, in one place!

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=5b5bed65-ba96-46eb-8647-446621475024

Hmmm... It seems that that link takes me to a page with a rather protracted comment written in heavy Legalese; nothing about Norwegian Escape.

Booked today! Not sailing till the end of March 2017 tho... I booked a large balcony, port side... And interested in the large balcony mini tho. We just got off the Pearl (1st timers) and loved how convenient it was being on deck 11 with the buffet, splash academy and the pool just right above us. It's hard to imaging being on deck 9 or a mini suite on deck 8 and having so many floors above us before the pool area.

Definitely want the large balcony... You all think moving down a floor to the mini suites is a good or bad idea... Not that much of a price difference. We really want a lounge chair option on our own lanai. We sat out there a lot on the Pearl but couldn't really relax in those upright chairs.

Also... Man, I think I need a longer cruise! Lol. We did 11 nights on the Pearl and had hardly enough time to do things... A week on a ship this big... Boy, I think it will fly by.

Can't wait to follow along :)

Kierste, just wanted to comment on your question re the Mini with Large Balcony M6 which are all located on deck 8.

I don't know how the M6 balcony size compares to the large Balcony you currently have booked. I don't believe the website lists the actual size, but just an average and have also seen speculation that the Escape M6's will not be quite as large as the other Away ships.

We had an M6 on the Getaway and loved it, so we have another booked in January on Escape and hoping the balcony is as large as previous. We had two lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table. The bathroom was wonderful. We are not big pool deck fans and loved that forward deck 8 location very close to the outdoor Waterfront area where we spent lots of time, and also very convenient to all the action on 6, 7, and 8.

You have plenty of time to get first hand reports after the ship sails, and then change cabins if you want.

Kierste, just wanted to comment on your question re the Mini with Large Balcony M6 which are all located on deck 8.

I don't know how the M6 balcony size compares to the large Balcony you currently have booked. I don't believe the website lists the actual size, but just an average and have also seen speculation that the Escape M6's will not be quite as large as the other Away ships.

We had an M6 on the Getaway and loved it, so we have another booked in January on Escape and hoping the balcony is as large as previous. We had two lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table. The bathroom was wonderful. We are not big pool deck fans and loved that forward deck 8 location very close to the outdoor Waterfront area where we spent lots of time, and also very convenient to all the action on 6, 7, and 8.

You have plenty of time to get first hand reports after the ship sails, and then change cabins if you want.

Thanks! That was the only thing we were missing on the Pearl... We had a mini suite and loved it (the tub is great for soaking snorkel gear lol)... But we would have loved having a lounger. We ended upstrairs a couple decks along the jogging track to be able to be outside yet covered... And it was still so windy... Where our lanai was wind free and would have been perfect!

I don't think that he meant it "that way". :cool:

Based on his review, it was a feature that he and his wife really enjoyed, that's all.

I agree...I think people are taking this out of context...I thought the comment was about his own personal experience and I appreciated the review of the spa. I'm definitely going to check it out:-)

Andreas Depping; http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=333

Local German site(s); http://schiffe-emden.de/

Lloyd's great Pinterest boards (althoug RCCL aimed but some NCL coverage too!); https://www.pinterest.com/lloydmarchand/

But there isn't a blog, cruise-addict or local who follows Escape exactly, like Lloyd did (does?) with the RCCL newbuilds, sorry. This thread seems to be your best med! ;)