Vancouver BC Hotel/Parking?

noteaching

We live north of Seattle, and are taking the Zuiderdam to Alaska with a group of about 18 others on August 16. My husband and I want to drive up the night before - suggestions for a hotel near the cruise terminal, and a parking lot where we can leave our car for the week? Thanks to all!

We live north of Seattle, and are taking the Zuiderdam to Alaska with a group of about 18 others on August 16. My husband and I want to drive up the night before - suggestions for a hotel near the cruise terminal, and a parking lot where we can leave our car for the week? Thanks to all!

The Pan Pacific, with a cruise ship parking lot right underneath. Google cruise parking, and you'll find it. The hotel is really expensive but it is right at the port. You could arrange your parking and stay somewhere a little further away and cheaper, it's easy to walk to everything in downtown Vancouver.

You'll get more responses if you post your question on the West Coast Departures forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413.

I can't help you with your questions but if you find the "Vancouver answers from a Vancouverite" thread in that forum, the people that respond there are some of the most helpful I've seen on CC.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

You could park your car at the long term parking lot at the air port. It's very close to the Canada Line which will take you equally as close to Canada Place (cruise ship terminal). It will mean a bit of backing and forthing from/to your hotel of choice but you won't be paying downtown parking charges. It's easily done since your ship doesn't leave 'till later in the afternoon.

There are hotels downtown that offer park and Cruise packages. Many of them are very reasonable. Just google Vancouver Park and Cruise.

Here are a few links that may give you some information. These ones are $259- $270 range and include a nice room for the night before, shuttle to the cruise terminal, 8 days parking, and one even includes a hot breakfast in the morning.

http://www.robsonsuitesvancouver.com/vancouver-park-cruise-hotel-package/

http://www.bestwesterndowntown.com/park-sail-hotel-package/

There are many others, also, but these give you an idea, and both are nice properties.