Carnival liberty short review

Freedom2014

I just returned from the Liberty. I found the food to be delicious. The staff was amazing(Waiters and room stewards) I was on deck 6 right above the night club. The music was super loud every night up until about 2:30 a.m. I didn't complain because I was afraid that they would call me an old lady(I'm 43) and tell me that I should be partying and not in bed at midnight.

I have been on 18 cruises, and Brittany Boyd has been the worst cruise director ever. I didn't attend many of the activities that she hosted because she was so annoying and loud. She doesn't have a funny bone in her. There are so many good cruise directors at Carnival.

I second all the positive comments above. Re: Brittany, I liked her. She and her team brought a lot of energy and they did get the crowd revved up night after night wherever they were. She's quite a glib talker and so it was fun listening to her - yes, she did have some quirks. She's Canadian so she pronounces some words differently than US folks - for example, house, about, out etc :-) BTW, this was just my second cruise - and I don't even remember the title 'cruise director' from our previous cruise (on Disney Wonder) so surely she did something right!

We were deep in the underbelly of the ship - 1st floor - so did not get rattled by the noses, though we did hear sounds from the engine(?). But those were much less than the sounds planes make and we've never asked for discounts there, so I never even thought of complaining.

The stateroom steward and his team; the head waiter and his team - all looked after us very well indeed. Each hello or good morning I said to the staff I met anywhere on the ship was reciprocated ... with a smile.

All in all, we had a wonderful time and I am glad we paid nearly $300 more plus drove an extra 3 hours each way to take the Liberty from Miami instead of the Norweigian Epic/Pearl (I forget which) from Tampa on a similar itinerary.

An FYI ... and I am a male in my mid 40s - we are a family of four.

I second all the positive comments above. Re: Brittany, I liked her. She and her team brought a lot of energy and they did get the crowd revved up night after night wherever they were. She's quite a glib talker and so it was fun listening to her - yes, she did have some quirks. She's Canadian so she pronounces some words differently than US folks - for example, house, about, out etc :-) BTW, this was just my second cruise - and I don't even remember the title 'cruise director' from our previous cruise (on Disney Wonder) so surely she did something right!

We were deep in the underbelly of the ship - 1st floor - so did not get rattled by the noses, though we did hear sounds from the engine(?). But those were much less than the sounds planes make and we've never asked for discounts there, so I never even thought of complaining.

The stateroom steward and his team; the head waiter and his team - all looked after us very well indeed. Each hello or good morning I said to the staff I met anywhere on the ship was reciprocated ... with a smile.

All in all, we had a wonderful time and I am glad we paid nearly $300 more plus drove an extra 3 hours each way to take the Liberty from Miami instead of the Norweigian Epic/Pearl (I forget which) from Tampa on a similar itinerary.

An FYI ... and I am a male in my mid 40s - we are a family of four.

So glad that you had a great time!

Geez...I am booked on the Liberty in May....haven't done Carnival in awhile......now I am getting nervous!!:eek:

Ha don't be nervous. I'm sure you will have fun! I am just going to try other lines. I'm doing royal carribean in the summer we will see if there is a difference

after reading your first post F2014 I went and looked at you other post.

LOL

after asking about these rooms and getting the reply you got why did you not change your rooms ?

three rooms , tips - was that your money back ?

going later this year on this ship and i can't wait , 5 months yesterday.

after reading your first post F2014 I went and looked at you other post.

LOL

after asking about these rooms and getting the reply you got why did you not change your rooms ?

three rooms , tips - was that your money back ?

going later this year on this ship and i can't wait , 5 months yesterday.

I could not it was already too late. It was a spring break cruise so the ship filled up we need to have 3 cabins together considering we were with a 92 year old 82 year old and children...so that is why I did not change

OP, in the future I would suggest before you book a certain stateroom, go to cruisedeckplans.com, click on CCL (or whatever line you are cruising) and your ship, then click on "drag decks" on the left side. You can scroll crossway and see what is above and below you. ;)

I just returned from the Liberty. I found the food to be delicious. The staff was amazing(Waiters and room stewards) I was on deck 6 right above the night club. The music was super loud every night up until about 2:30 a.m. I didn't complain because I was afraid that they would call me an old lady(I'm 43) and tell me that I should be partying and not in bed at midnight.

I have been on 18 cruises, and Brittany Boyd has been the worst cruise director ever. I didn't attend many of the activities that she hosted because she was so annoying and loud. She doesn't have a funny bone in her. There are so many good cruise directors at Carnival.

I just got off the Liberty as well, and our group of 7 had a fantastic time! We loved almost all of the food and the staff was outstanding!

I will be writing a full review as soon as I catch up on a few things at home.

Geez...I am booked on the Liberty in May....haven't done Carnival in awhile......now I am getting nervous!!:eek:

DO NOT BE NERVOUS!!! We had an excellent time! As I stated above, I will be doing a full review ASAP. :)

I am actually still on the ship. Haha. It was clean and the crew tried the hardest they could...they just all seem so miserable I talked to the preformer and he looks so sad. Poor guy. The shows were just embarrassing and aweful! The food was just ate to survive! The food was really bad. Lol the places we went to were beautiful! I miss them very much! This was my 5th carnival cruise it will probably be my last. Every time I come back I always say I'm not doing carnival again! I will try something different and see what happens. All in all the cruise was a lot of fun! I am very sad to be leaving. The cabin we had 2417,2415, and especially 2417 had so much noise it was hard to sleep they did take 400 off our bill and a future cruise credit of 15% but that will not get us back on

We were on the same sailing and I am totally puzzled by your review. We talked to dozens of crew members and every single one was upbeat and positive. Every time we passed a crew member in the hall they would smile and greet us. Then again, we smiled and greeted them as well, which could hve something to do with it. Which performer was sad? Could he have been sad about something that had nothing to do with Carnival?

There isn't much I can say about a bad room location though. If it was your fifth cruise with Carnival it seems like you should know to check what is above and below you before booking your cabin.

In any case, I am sorry you had a bad cruise. Hope you have better luck next time.

I don't know how anyone could love the food on a carnival cruise.. it is like hospital food. We have never enjoyed the food on carnival. We keep giving them chances maybe next time will be better but it never is. So it's just not the cruise line for use...I would like to stay loyal to them but I guess you get what you pay for on carnival. Lol I'm not saying I did not have a good time. Because I had a blast...in the ports. I'm sure I will come back to carnival one day just not soon.

I must have been on a different Carnival Liberty because my party of 12 all agree that the food in the MDR was good. Let's just say we never walked away hungry. The service was outstanding and the tables had tablecloths. The new menus have plenty of choices. As far as the ship's crew, everyone I interfaced with seemed pretty content and more than willing to go the extra step.

We just got off the Liberty Saturday, The food was OK. Can honestly say we had better food on the seven other carnival cruises. They have cut back a way too much. I miss the Jamacan band on the lido deck. I can listen to a DJ any time. Other than that the cruise was good.

We just got off the Liberty Saturday, The food was OK. Can honestly say we had better food on the seven other carnival cruises. They have cut back a way too much. I miss the Jamacan band on the lido deck. I can listen to a DJ any time. Other than that the cruise was good.

I agree. They keep cutting back but they are keeping the prices the same