Docked in Bermuda

cheermum42

Sometime the ship is docked port side to the pier, sometimes starboard side. There's no way to predict how your sailing will dock so don't even bother to try. It's a function of such factors as the need to test lifeboats on one side of the ship, other maintenance such as hull painting that may need to be performed, and winds, currents and tides when the ship is being docked.

As SBtS said in the prior post, there is no "bad" side.

IMHO, there is no bad side when docked in Bermuda. Here are some photos, taken by member modelman, of the land view, which is the non-industrial Dockyard. On the water side, it is a view of the sound with land, mostly the north shore, in the distance.

SBtS

Looks like those were taken from Kings Wharf, not Heritage Wharf, correct? So the view would vary slightly on a NCL ship in Heritage Wharf...

Looks like those were taken from Kings Wharf, not Heritage Wharf, correct? So the view would vary slightly on a NCL ship in Heritage Wharf...

Yes, they appear to be the views from Kings Wharf, but having been docked at both piers many times I still agree with SBtS's conclusion that there's no bad side.

Yes, they appear to be the views from Kings Wharf, but having been docked at both piers many times I still agree with SBtS's conclusion that there's no bad side.

That's good to hear. I'm hoping for a dockyard side so I have a chance at balcony wifi and sunsets.

FTR, I tracked Breakaway's dockings rom July - October last year. 9 Port side, and 6 Starboard side. No discernerable pattern.