Alyeska/Girdwood tour companies

alyxkat

hello! our cruisetour is stopping for 2 nights at Alyeska resort, and i'm looking at maybe booking a couple of independent excursions. has anyone had any experience with the glacier dog sled tour from Alpine Air (they have good tripadvisor reviews) or the summer snowmobiling with Glacier City Tours?

thanks!

alex

hello! our cruisetour is stopping for 2 nights at Alyeska resort, and i'm looking at maybe booking a couple of independent excursions. has anyone had any experience with the glacier dog sled tour from Alpine Air (they have good tripadvisor reviews) or the summer snowmobiling with Glacier City Tours?

thanks!

alex

Sorry I can't comment about the excursions at hotel Alyeska because we only stayed there one night in 2009 but I just wanted to tell you that lodge is beautiful. There is also a shuttle bus that takes you to several restaurants nearby and there is a lift that takes you up the mt. I book my tour with Celebrity mainly again because I know they go to Girdwood and stay at the Hotel Ayeska. I hope you love it as I did.

Alyxcat

did you find any reviews for the summer snowmobile tour? looks like it would be fun..

I just heard back from the concierge desk at Alyeska Resort that the summer snowmobile tours are no longer offered. I was really excited to try that one too...back to the drawing board, i guess. :(

Going to look in to those Ascending Path tours that everyone is talking about!

Here's the e-mail from the resort, btw:

"That company no longer offers summer snowmobiling; I believe you have come across and old archived webpage.

There are no other companies that offer that activity."