Half Moon Cay

vmbaskets

When we sailed with Princess, and went to their private island, everything was included at no charge. Is that the same with Carnival at Half Moon Cay?

Not everything. While lunch is included, you have to pay for certain items such as soda/bottled water, alcohol beverages, renting water toys (rafts, tubes, water bikes, kayaks, etc.) and clamshells (sun shade tents).

Also, programs like Bottomless Bubbles and Cheers do not apply on the island. You are responsible for all those purchases.

Half Moon Cay is a small island- all beautiful beach right there when you get off the tender from the ship. The further you walk down the beach, the less crowded and more secluded it gets. No need to book an excursion if you plan to just enjoy the beach. You can, however, rent a cabana through the Carnival web site.

photo.php?fbid=10152046387917358&set=a.10152046387562358.1073741831.616952357&type=1

Thank you!!! Is there beach chairs there for you and is there a fee to rent them? What all is included in the free lunch from Carnival? I'm really beginning to get excited to go :)

Beach chairs are included. Be sure to try the free jerk chicken. There is a pavilion where they serve the free beach barbecue. No need to walk except walking on the beach. The beach is right there when you get off the tender. This is one of the most beautiful beaches you will ever enjoy. No need for other entertainment unless you want a cabana which can be purchased as a Carnival excursion (book early though-they sell out).

Also, programs like Bottomless Bubbles and Cheers do not apply on the island. You are responsible for all those purchases.

Bottomless Bubbles is included, Cheers is not.

Thanks so much. That helps a bit. I wasn't sure what was included. Is it worth paying for an excursion on Half Moon Cay or just staying at their beach? Is it withi?n walking distance from the port

You will tender to the island from the ship. Whether you want to pay for an excursion depends on what you want to do. We were happy to be in the water all day with our own snorkel equipment and the kids playing in the sand.

We were there in January. It's very nicely laid out. There was a bit of a cold spell the day we were there and windy, so I was disappointed. It was still pretty but not warm enough to get in the water. The lunch was good, plenty of places to sit and eat. We ate at the bar that is right there and ordered sodas to drink. The line for the lemon aid was looooong and they were having problems filling it up.

We booked the same cruise for April 2015, as I HAVE to go back! It better be nice!

:D

I love, love, love, Half Moon Cay!:D

Try to find chairs near...cabana #9 I believe it was...it's near to the restrooms.

There are some fun things to do that aren't going to cost you anything. When we were there, they had all kinds of games that the crew led. We didn't partake because we did the "manta ray" excursion and shared a cabana with new friends we had made on the ship. However, those that were playing the games seem to be having a great time. We got to spend a lot of time on the beach. Loved it!!!! Lucky you!:D

Love love LOVED HMC!:D

I hadn't been to a beach in years except for Galveston, which doesn't have very pretty beaches and the water is a funky brownish color. I couldn't believe how white the sand was..I thought that happened only in the movies and on TV. And the water was SO blue. I was so excited to get down to the beach that I managed to trip and fall flat on my face in front of eeeeeeeevvvvvveeeerrrrybody.:D

It was also my son's first trip to a beach ever and at first he was hesitant about getting in the water. He has sensor issues as well as Asperger's, so new/unexpected/unfamiliar situations can make him a bit tense. After a bit though (maybe an hour or so) he decided it was ok and that he LOVED the water. We almost couldn't drag him away to go eat lunch.:D

When we sailed with Princess, and went to their private island, everything was included at no charge. Is that the same with Carnival at Half Moon Cay?

Don't know when you sailed to Princess Cay, but when i was there in 2010, everything was NOT included! It operated the same as any other private island with extra costs for most everything.

We had cabana 8 and it was a great location. We had a group with us

so it worked out really well. Fruit, snacks and waters waiting when when

got there. Also with the cabana rental we were among the first off the

ship:)

We had some shade for those that don't want all the sun:rolleyes:

DSC02180.jpg

Our view - wish I was there now!

DSC02198.jpg

We were there in January. It's very nicely laid out. There was a bit of a cold spell the day we were there and windy, so I was disappointed. It was still pretty but not warm enough to get in the water. The lunch was good, plenty of places to sit and eat. We ate at the bar that is right there and ordered sodas to drink. The line for the lemon aid was looooong and they were having problems filling it up.

We booked the same cruise for April 2015, as I HAVE to go back! It better be nice!

:D

At least you got to go and enjoy it. Our day for HMC last week was cancelled due to weather. Imagine how disappointed we are, and still are....:(

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

HMC is beautiful but in the summer is very hot I stayed in the water until lunch then right back in the water beautiful place!!!! Drink plenty of water you will need it I never saw umbrellas that I can remember but had plenty of chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums