Freedom of the Seas Cruise March 9th-16th; A cruise of firsts

Is the solarium pool heated? Going on the same cruise as beshears.

Honestly I did not get into the pool there. Only the main pool. Which was NOT heated. Now that I think about it I should have moved over there to see if it was heated. Would have made my swim much better.

We're doing the Eastern Caribbean on Freedom in November too!! And I agree - too much to do in 7 days. We did the Western Caribbean on Oasis last year and loved it! Which sail date will you be doing??

we will set sail on the 30th, a couple of weeks after you. can't wait! :D

Is jade open for lunch as well? I'm a lover of Asian food while hubby is not, so that is not a dinner option for us. DH and I are sailing on July 13 on the FOTS

The Jade section is open for lunch, but it typically does not have sushi for lunch. I remember things like miso soup and rice. Probably other things too, but that's all I remember.

Is jade open for lunch as well? I'm a lover of Asian food while hubby is not, so that is not a dinner option for us. DH and I are sailing on July 13 on the FOTS

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like Bob said, it is open for lunch. But no sushi. They had things like stir fry. But if you choose to have dinner there, the hubby can just make his selections from the Windjammer buffets. It's technically like dining in the same area. It appears to be one long buffet. That's why it took me to day three to realize it had different stuff than the rest of the buffet.

Thanks for the great review and pictures. We are sailing on the Freedom 5/25/14. We've been on several Voyager class ships but not a Freedom class ship. Your review made me wish I was onboard right now.

Shew..I wish I was back onboard...lol. I am jealous you will be on her soon! But you will really love her. She is definitely my favorite now.

Terri, Thank you for the wonderful review. We will be cruising on FOS at the end of May. Do you remember how long the ice show lasts? We want to make reservations, but I don't want to be late because of other plans.

Thanks,

Susan

OK, so Jade is a station at the Windjammer? What kind of food does it have?

It has Asian selections like sushi (for dinner), stir fry, sweet and sour chicken, a different soup every night. Things along that line.

Terri, Thank you for the wonderful review. We will be cruising on FOS at the end of May. Do you remember how long the ice show lasts? We want to make reservations, but I don't want to be late because of other plans.

Thanks,

Susan

I don't remember exactly but I don't feel like it went over an hour.

Awesome review! I will be sailing on her on May 18, 2014 and so looking forward to it. Would love to see the compasses if you have them. Thanks again! :D

Thanks!! I hope to get them posted this weekend. I just haven't found the time to scan them yet.

We're doing the Eastern Caribbean on Freedom in November too!! And I agree - too much to do in 7 days. We did the Western Caribbean on Oasis last year and loved it! Which sail date will you be doing??

We'll be on the ship together. Looks like a GREAT sailing! :D

Lawrenceburg here. :D I grew up just North of Somerset. Went to school with lots of folks with the last name Mullins. We did Freedom Western Caribbean last May. Looking forward to Freedom Eastern this November! Too much to do on that ship in just 7 days!

We will try and leave some fun for you! :p