Dolphin swim & snorkel at Anthony's thru NCL

bermudafan8

:confused:

Just wondering if anyone has done the Dolphin swim and snorkel at Anthony's thru NCL recently.

I am getting conflicting information and am hoping fellow CC members can help.

Here are a few questions...

-Are cameras allowed during either portion of this excursion?

-Are guests allowed to wear sun protection such as hats and sunglasses?

-If so, is there an opportunity to put the hats / sunglasses on dry land before the snorkel portion?

-Is there an area to lock up purses etc? and if so, how large are the lockers etc?

-Is there an area for changing into dry clothes after the excursion?

-Is there an optional photo cd for purchase afterwards?

-Should surfshoes be worn during the first portion of the excursion? is the beach rocky etc.

Thank you in advance...

bermudafan8

Will be doing NCL's Dolphin encounter/Beach Break a week from Tuesday at Anthony's key, so I can't definitevely answer anything first hand.

But I know they do sell photo CD's from my inquiries in this forum and these videos should help you get an idea about wearing hats etc..

https://www.google.com/#q=dolphins+anthony's+key&tbm=vid

Bill

Havent done it thru NCL but we did on a one week visit to Roatan at Christmas 2012.

No cameras in the water with the dolphins….

I don't know about hats and/or sunglasses as no one wore them on our visit.

You will be on an island of sorts after a very short boat ride from the check-in area that is surrounded by the large pens for the dolphins. There was a covered open air area with benches and lockers for your stuff. Not real big but big enough and yes they locked. Not sure what you are planning on taking with you but they fit some dry clothes, our flip flops and our small bag with our camera, wallet etc and a dry towel. There are small shower areas with fresh water for rinsing. No shampoo etc allowed. Guess its not eco friendly on this small island.

They did sell photo c.d.'s but not video. We got lots of great ones - us holding the dolphin etc…..

We wore our dive booties (we are all divers) the whole time. There are large rocks on the beach area but sand areas too. The bottom of the pen area is sand. I may be wrong but I seem to remember no fins are allowed. We took our mask and snorkels tho.

We (5 of us) were in a group with 2 other families (maybe 6-7 others) for the encounter (where you stand and touch the dolphins and hold the dolphins etc) There were 2 dolphins for the encounter but more for the snorkel part.

But when it came to the snorkel part we had them all to ourselves as the others any did the encounter part (cheaper option). We swam out into deeper water in the same pen and the dolphins would come around and zip past etc…. We were told to dive down and pull up a small piece of sea grass and they loved coming in to play with that…… they interacted with my daughter in law the best. It was a great encounter/snorkel but I will say I enjoyed the one my daughter and I did on Cozumel (at Chankanaab park) better. Much more interaction with the dolphins but no "play time".

Just checked out the videos…..be aware some of them are DIVING with the dolphins and is a completely different excursion…. looks like they let someone have a video camera in the water but we were asked not to bring one in during the encounter. Perhaps this was someone NOT doing the encounter but with others who were. Also saw lots of hats and sunglasses.

Edited by texancruzer