Oasis 3/22-29/14, so, so writing, pretty good pictures, very pretty girls!

Awesome black and white shot, how did you do it?

Hi Oshoguno,

It is very easy. I shoot my pictures in RAW format and then use Lightroom to "develop" the pictures. For the B&W I just selected that option and then increased the contrast. Glad you liked the pictures and thanks so much for posting and following

Wonderful pictures!

Hello Yarlenna,

Thank you for posting and commenting on my pictures.

Sometimes you get lucky taking a picture

addedsunrise-sunset11_zps7b828461.jpg

Caneguy.

Thank-you for putting together a great review. You did not disappoint with you pre-cruise review teaser. Very thorough and awesome photo documentary.

If it is OK with you I would like to use this picture for my screen saver. There are so many wonderful ones but I find this to be a classic.

Andrew

THANKS For my Saturday morning reading. 4 weeks from today we board the Oasis. Favorite photo is carousel and the airplane photos from beach.

Glad I could help you enjoy your Saturday morning :) Thank you for reading the review.

You will LOVE the Oasis. My favorite photo is also the carousel and the B&W.

Caneguy.

Thank-you for putting together a great review. You did not disappoint with you pre-cruise review teaser. Very thorough and awesome photo documentary.

If it is OK with you I would like to use this picture for my screen saver. There are so many wonderful ones but I find this to be a classic.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew!! Of course you may use the picture. I am honored that you would chose one of my photo's for your screen saver. You may use any picture and share any one that you like.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your review & pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Thank you for posting. It is nice to know that people enjoy the review and the pictures.

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but may I ask what kind of camera you use? Enjoyed the review!

No Problem. I shoot with a Nikon D7100 and use an 18-200 lens (99% of the time, and the other 1% a wide angle .45 adaptor) I also shoot in RAW format and use Lightroom to finish the picture.

Thanks for posting and telling me you enjoyed the review.

So I was talking to the Captain before departure and asked him if I could be ferried off the ship to take some pictures and then be brought back via the pilot boat, and he said of course.....not really, I took these pictures last year while walking along the beach at the inlet....

oasisleavingport_zpsb772734d.jpg

Oasispastjetty_zpsa919ab4c.jpg

Oasissailaway_zpsb4646d5f.jpg

Thank you Andrew!! Of course you may use the picture. I am honored that you would chose one of my photo's for your screen saver. You may use any picture and share any one that you like.

I was hoping you would say that. It will be used for those moments at work, when I need to do some day dreaming.

Andrew

Awesome review. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this. Can't wait for our turn again in August. Happy future cruising!

Thanks Sailingawaysoon. You will love the Oasis and have fun on your August Cruise. Glad I could add some excitement to your upcoming cruise.

Thank you for posting an awesome review, photos, and sharing.....Most of all thanks for being a CANE!:D:D:D I am a die hard Cane...the female version ;)

Thanks sunandseagirl!!

GO CANES!!!

Been a Cane since I was just a little boy growing up in Miami Beach.

Son goes there now!!

Thanks for the review cant wait till Jan. :)

Thanks so much for posting and telling me that you enjoyed the review! You will love the Oasis!!

Thank you for this amazing review! Especially the cruise compass!!

Janice

Hi Janice,

My pleasure. I am glad you are able to use the compasses. There are so many things to do that I missed some because I did not go over the compass every day while on the ship. One thing I wanted to do was the back stage tour of the Opal Theater on the last day at sea.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm back. A lot of errands to do today with my wife. I know the 5 words you need for a successful and happy marriage, the first two was today, "Yes dear", the next three are as equally important, "It wasn't me!". It has worked very well as next month we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

OK, back to the review..It is going to take me longer than I thought to complete the review, I plan on scanning all the Cruise Compasses, and other items of interest. Also it is going to take some time to get the photos done.

DAY ONE

We live about 35 minutes from the port. Our friends older daughter flew down on Friday from NYC where she lives and works so the three of us arrived at the port around 11:45 to meet up with our friends and their younger daughter who flew in from Indiana on Saturday morning.

almostpacktogo_zps3c36a868.jpg

Almost packed an ready to go!

We were on board in about 30 minutes!! As we were walking to Central Park we stopped by 150 Central Park. They have a special for the first night of 20% off the charge for dinning at 150 CP so we changed plans and got a reservation for the first night to dine at 150 Central Park. (I think Diamond Plus members can get "buy one get one free" for the first night). After making sure that our specialty dinning reservations were done for the week, were does one go almost as soon as you board the Oasis? Of course! Park Cafe for you guessed it, ROAST BEEF SANDWICH!

roastbeefsandwich_zps59c469cc.jpg

THE Roast Beef Sandwich (don't forget to ask for double beef!)

ParkCafesalad_zps6702aa4c.jpg

Fresh made salad to go with the Roast Beef

Thanks for the picture of the "double roast beef" :) ... errr and salad. I'll have to remember that order when I get there.

Donna

Thanks for the picture of the "double roast beef" :) ... errr and salad. I'll have to remember that order when I get there.

Donna

Enjoy the cruise and the Roast Beef. Also ask them to grill the Roast Beef before serving it on that great bun, adds so much to the flavor!!

First time in Bermuda,just wondering if there is a nice beach within walking distance?We would like to rent a beach lounge and umbrella and relax on the beach all day.If not any recommendations,what beach Is it best? :)

Sorry Oasis does not go to Bermuda and I have never been there

going over some of my pictures and thought I would add a few more...

CentralParkmorning3_zps1df1c89e.jpg

CENTRAL PARK LATE NIGHT

CentralParklateeveninglookingdown_zps85c5adbd.jpg

LOOKING DOWN ON CENTRAL PARK

lookigdownonPomenade_zpsbca5c5f7.jpg

DOWN THE PROMENADE

newsunset_zpscb36a5f2.jpg

JUST ANOTHER SUNRISE

I started reading your review yesterday night, and I couldn't wait to come home from work today to finish!! I never post on the boards (I am a perpetual lurker!!), but I thoroughly enjoyed your review. Tonight I will be using your trip report to convince my husband to book a cruise on the Oasis or the Allure. Thank you for entertaining me!!

I started reading your review yesterday night, and I couldn't wait to come home from work today to finish!! I never post on the boards (I am a perpetual lurker!!), but I thoroughly enjoyed your review. Tonight I will be using your trip report to convince my husband to book a cruise on the Oasis or the Allure. Thank you for entertaining me!!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful note. I am so glad that I could add some fun to your day and I know your husband will so enjoy either the Allure or the Oasis.

Thanks again,

Hello All,

I hope you are enjoying the review and pictures of the wonderful Oasis. If anyone has a favorite picture and would like an original file of that picture, please post your e-mail and the picture you would like and I would be happy to e-mail you the file. All files are in jpeg.