Dining Room Pecking Order

I had a somewhat different response from one of my waiters which actually made sense. He stated that their ship (Celebrity) assigned the good waiters closer to the kitchen doors as a reward for good responses on the comment cards. This required a great deal less carrying of trays during the course of an evening.

I was also told that by a very good waiter we had on the Enchantment years ago.

The closer to the kitchen, the better the food selection they get and the faster the service for their tables. ;) And it was true. :D

I was also told that by a very good waiter we had on the Enchantment years ago.

The closer to the kitchen, the better the food selection they get and the faster the service for their tables. ;) And it was true. :D

My above post should have said,

"Hi, That was true when we sat there" :o Not, say there. :rolleyes:

BEWARE the middle of the main floor, near the captain's table! This is where they put the "last resort" people - last minute changes, mistakes, etc. That is where they also put the worst waiters! Most miserable experience on any vacation, ever. Overworked waiters that had just come off vacation, etc. They changed our waitstaff 3 times in the first 2 days and we ended up with 4 waiters/asst waiters. None of them coordinated and we ran the gamut from never getting our orders taken to recieving doubles of our entrees!

Couldn't disagree more! When we've been seated in the middle of the main floor section near the captain's table we have had the absolute best waiters and service! The waiters also told us that that was the area they "earned" by getting great comments. We are delighted if we are fortunate to be seated in that area and it's happened several times for us.

I've been seated next to the Captain's table twice - once on Legend and once on Rhapsody. Both times I had waiters that were well below average. On Rhapsody, we'd been sitting at a full table for quite a while before the waiter came by to take our order, then realized that he never brought us menus! Fortunately we were also seated near a service stand so when he continued to forget menus, I grabbed my own before sitting. On Legend the waiter was just plan rude! However, on Legend, the assistant waiter was the best! On a different Rhapsody cruise and on Sovereign we were seated right next to the entrance doors. Really bad location since people coming in would constantly jostle the table. On the plus side, we had fantastic waiters.

It seems like the best waiter would have tables near the Captain's table since that waiter also serves the captain on nights the captain somes to dinner.

This is very interesting to me! It is great when you have good waiters. I think they add more to the dining experience than the quality of food! They can certainly make the experience more enjoyable, especially if the food is just "okay". I have always had great wait service staff, and I always rank them very high on their cards.... and tip extra on the last night!

Archived