Miami Debarkation time with FTTF

kmontanero

What is the latest you can debark? We purchased FTTF and I believe we can pick our time? Our flight doesn't leave Fort Lauderdale until 3pm so we aren't in a hurry to get off. We also are booking a car to get us to the airport and I am not sure what time to schedule them to pick us up?

I believe on our cruise last summer we had Zone #4 with FTTF and was off the ship before 8:30. We also had later flights, and still had time to get breakfast before going to the lounge. When you enter your travel information, it'll ask for your flight time. Even though you'll get an earlier debarkation with FTTF, you can leave whenever you want, but they want the ship cleared by 10:00-10:30 at the latest. Also, are you using SAS for transportation from FLL to the Port? They're $15.00pp each way http://www.risesas.com

• 1 month later...

I was searching this forum for "how late can you debark" and this one came up.. As I see from the answer, it would be 10-1030am? We are from Canada but will be spending one more night in Miami before flying back home. Most hotels won't let you check in before 3-4pm.. Does anyone know of any hotels that will let you check in before that time? Or any suggestions on what we can do between 10am -3pm ? we will have our luggage with us of course, so that would make most things awkward.. like going to a Mall etc..

I was searching this forum for "how late can you debark" and this one came up.. As I see from the answer, it would be 10-1030am? We are from Canada but will be spending one more night in Miami before flying back home. Most hotels won't let you check in before 3-4pm.. Does anyone know of any hotels that will let you check in before that time? Or any suggestions on what we can do between 10am -3pm ? we will have our luggage with us of course, so that would make most things awkward.. like going to a Mall etc..

Being from Canada myself we always fly out at least 1 day post cruise.....even if my hotel rooms are not ready every hotel thus far has taken my luggage,tagged it and lock it away for me until I came back at check in time.....

We had a late flight on our last cruise and even though we are Diamond we exchanged our luggage tags for the highest zone (which FTTF can do too). We got off the ship around 10:15.

We've used SAS from and to FLL several times and really like the service. Unfortunately FLL isn't a great airport to hang out in, just not many amenities, so if I had a same day late flight I would probably opt for a post cruise excursion with an airport transfer.

If I was spending the night, I would get a cab and make reservations at the Holiday Inn POM which is across the street from the Bayside Marketplace. There are lots of activities going on over there. Plenty of places to eat, watch musicians or take a Bay cruise.

Depends on your ship. We have always hung around until the very latest "get off now or we throw you off" announcement...right before they come through banging the washpans with wooden spoons to flush even the hardiest cruisers from the ship. For the big ship (Dream) that was 11:15. For the smaller ships it was 10:30. Then it was another 30-45 mins in the customs line.

See if your hotel has a free shuttle to the port and maybe jump on it to drop your stuff off at the hotel and then go out until your room is ready. Maybe even look into renting a car for the day and take the free shuttle to pick the car up. The rental and gas should still be less than using a car service or taxis, of course, only if you care to drive.

Exact OPPOSITE question. What's the (estimated, of course) earliest we can get expect to get off the ship, with FTTF, in Miami?

We're actually spending an extra day, post-cruise, to take in a Marlins game.

What is the latest you can debark? We purchased FTTF and I believe we can pick our time? Our flight doesn't leave Fort Lauderdale until 3pm so we aren't in a hurry to get off. We also are booking a car to get us to the airport and I am not sure what time to schedule them to pick us up?

We sailed Magic out of Galveston two weeks ago. (I know, I know, different port and ship.)

We had very late flight (5:20 pm). Even though we are both Platinum and we had #1 luggage tags, we decided to stay on the ship as long as possible. (We didn't bother getting different tags as we knew our bags would be waiting for us.)

At 10:15 the cruise director came on the p.a. system and asked that "the last 159 guests on the ship, will you please get off now." It was actually pretty funny.

Once we disembarked we went to our luggage, which was not alone as other #1s had the same idea. Then came the fun at customs. Because we had our passports, we were able to bypass the regular line which had over 300 people in it. Ours had only 20. We were through customs in about 40 minutes and off to the airport we went.

How was SAS transport? What times can you get picked up at FLL If we arrive at 915?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've used SAS many times and have always been pleased.

When you reserve online, you'll be asked for your flight number and arrival time. In the confirmation you'll be given a phone number to call after you retrieve your luggage. Every single time we have flown into FLL, the SAS driver called us as soon as our plane landed. He asked us to call again when we had our luggage. We've never had to wait more than a few minutes for the van.

Same scenario upon arrival back at the port-driver called and asked us to call after we had our luggage. We were picked up within minutes.

How was SAS transport? What times can you get picked up at FLL If we arrive at 915?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SAS is great. I have used them several times when flying into FLL going to MIA. They usually instruct you to call them when you have your luggage, but every time I have used them, they have called me as soon as my flight arrives, letting me know they are in the staging area/parking lot, or at a hotel close by. By the time I grab my luggage, call them, and go outside, they arrive between 5-15 minutes, and we head straight to the port. Never had an issue on return either. Great, friendly drivers and customer service staff!!!