NCL Snorkel Trip

scoutandbunji

This is my second time in Belize and my first time booking the snorkel trip with NCL.

My first time was with a private group that we found at the port after tendering. We had booked with another company, but by the time we tendered our group had left. The company was very nice and gave us a refund right away. We had to go with another company as this one had no more trips going out for the day. I don't know who they were, but we had two stops to snorkel. Small group of 20, and then got to spend 2 hours on Bannister Island. Was wonderful.

This time I decided to book with NCL since getting tender tickets and the possibility of missing our trip again, I didn't want to try again. So we did.

There were over 100 people on the snorkel trip. We had to meet at 8:30am and didn't even leave the ship till closer to 10:00am. We went directly from the boat to the snorkel boat (nice). They passed out fins and masks, played loud music, and drove about 1/2 an hour. Then pretty much said if you need help, do this and if your ok do this. Then had everyone get off the boat and swim to this one area that a guy in a kayak was in and then swim back...they gave us 1 hour.

We were at Bannister Island by 11:15 for one hour and then had us back at the pier by 1:00.

It was the fastest tour I had ever been on, and for the money $79 we could have had an all day adventure like we did the first time....and missed our first group.

It dawned on me later in the day, that some people in my party had never snorkeled in the ocean before, and no one showed them how to snorkel....matter of fact, I didn't see anyone taught. That could have been dangerous, but they have snorkeled in the lakes.

End of the store: I'll never do a ship tour again. They are all about getting you back to the ship (can appreciate that), but that's about it.

Had family member who went on an ATV and beach break trip with the boat in Cozumel, left at 8:30, ran into them at the port at 1pm.......must be what they do.