Can someone explain upgrades?

mrsfoose

Ok, so I always see people talking about getting upgrades to nicer rooms for $50 - 1 or 2 hundred. How exactly does this work - are you constantly looking at rates for better categories, does carnival notify you, or do they come with sales?

I have an interior 4F booked with early saver for Jan 3rd 2015 on Glory.

So how exactly do you come by these upgrades and any tips on finding them - or is it just luck?

Thanks in advance!:D

Sometimes, Carnival will call you with an offer. Usually it's when the price of your current room has dropped and it won't cost much more for a higher category. Other times, people check rates daily or weekly, and when they see the price has dropped, they ask for on board credit or an upgrade to a room in a higher category. Rarely (but it does happen) people are moved to a higher category at no cost. I was lucky enough to have that happen to me. I'd booked an inside cabin, but when I got to the port, they had moved me to a Jr. Suite. I've never figured out why that happened, but I certainly enjoyed the room.

Sometimes, Carnival will call you with an offer. Usually it's when the price of your current room has dropped and it won't cost much more for a higher category. Other times, people check rates daily or weekly, and when they see the price has dropped, they ask for on board credit or an upgrade to a room in a higher category. Rarely (but it does happen) people are moved to a higher category at no cost. I was lucky enough to have that happen to me. I'd booked an inside cabin, but when I got to the port, they had moved me to a Jr. Suite. I've never figured out why that happened, but I certainly enjoyed the room.

Wow that would be awesome! DH wants a balcony - but we dont always spend alot of time in our room so I have always had trouble justifying the extra expense. We've never booked this far in advance (and almost have it paid off!) so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks!!:)