Hamburg Port -Time to see Heide Park?

Kmkub

I'm a roller coaster enthusiast and would love to see theme parks while in Europe. It looks like we have time to get back and forth from the Hamburg port to Heide park. (We'll be in port 13 hours.)

Any insight on this? Is there good transportation available? Is this a crowded park or would I have time to ride the coasters?

Anytime I can ride a new coaster is a good time! :D

I'm a roller coaster enthusiast and would love to see theme parks while in Europe. It looks like we have time to get back and forth from the Hamburg port to Heide park. (We'll be in port 13 hours.)

Any insight on this? Is there good transportation available? Is this a crowded park or would I have time to ride the coasters?

Anytime I can ride a new coaster is a good time! :D

Hi, according to the Heide-Park web site

http://www.heide-park.de/en/heide-park/

you can take a train from Hamburg Hbf to Soltau (Han) and from Soltau station it is a short bus ride or a 20min walk to the park.

Trains depart Hamburg Hbf at 15 mins past every hour, one change in Buchholz (Nordheide), travel time 1hr 11mins. Timetable at

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

No idea if the park is crowded, I suppose it depends on the time of day, week and year. School holidays here are staggered and run from early July until early September. Hope you enjoy your ride although it makes me feel queasy just to think about it :eek:

Happy cruising :)

Anni

Edited by Travelanni