The Belvedere Hotel New York

craftsnvines

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Belvedere this past May for three nights after my Voyager cruise and I found it to be very nice hotel. (I'm originally from NYC so I'm picky about hotels).

The best think about it was that the rooms were large and offer a microwave, small fridge. This hotel is very quiet. You don't hear any street noise. Service was very good. It's more of a European, boutique hotel. There is a restaurant, but I did not try it.

Last October I cruised out of NYC and stayed at the NY Hilton and Towers and the Waldorf-Astoria (got rooms on Priceline), but I would take the Belvedere over them.

This hotel is nice because is off 8th Avenue and on 47th Street there are many restaurants. You are away from the hustle and bustle of Times Square, but yet close enough if you want to enjoy Broadway and Times Square.

There rates vary depending on the week and I booked my rooms on Hotel.com because when I called the hotel directly I couldn't get Sunday (sold out) only Monday and Tuesday, but Hotel.com had a block of rooms and I was able to get the nights I wanted. The price was the same from both sources.

You might want to give them a try, I recommend them.

I would consider the Belvedere Hotel.

I've stayed at The Belvedere 3 different times - not for pre-or post-cruising but for Christmas shopping trips and would definitely recommend it. Sure, you can "do better" but the question is do you want to spend the extra money? Rooms are much larger than almost any other I've stayed in NYC, small refrig. is great for my "gotta have it" diet Dr. Pepper (I get it from the small grocery store around the corner). Elevators are slow and the lobby area is small - neither bothered me! Location is ideal if you're looking to shop or just wander around. They're happy to hold your luggage for you - before or after check-in. I'm going to NYC shopping again this year and already plan to stay at The Belvedere. Hope this helps!

Archived