Car seat rentals

2cruz

I haven't found this info anywhere so thought I'd try my luck here. Has anyone had to rent car seats for their child/children along with the car rental? What's the quality? Should I bring mine along? Thanks

If youre talking about your 1 year old, you might be better bringing one along. Alamo DOES have car seat rental...I forget the cost. We used them when we travelled interisland. We didnt use a seat once our DD was 5. The seat was brand new actually and was a standard Cosco or Graco brand.

Planes do not offer car seats...this was great for our over 3 year old, but when they are younger than 2, they prefer to sleep in their own seat. For me, it was nice that they were tightly in their seat and not unhitching it every minute and escaping! The down side of the car seat on the plane is how close their little legs are to the seat ahead. They kick a lot.

So for the plane it depends on your comfort level....and the car companies DO have seats if you request them...I think it was $5 or $10 a day additional.

What Suebee said. :) Depending on whether you're buying your child his/her own seat (and also depending on age), you'll need to bring a car seat anyway for the plane. And even if you don't need one for the plane, your child may be more comfortable in their "own" chair from home. Sometimes it's the little things when you travel that make the difference for the kid. :)

Spleen

Archived