Senior designation in UK

I see pricing for entries, tours, etc. for seniors in the UK. Do we just supply a passport or driver's license to prove age or are we (non-UK) not eligible because we do not have the UK senior card? Thank you.

I see pricing for entries, tours, etc. for seniors in the UK. Do we just supply a passport or driver's license to prove age or are we (non-UK) not eligible because we do not have the UK senior card? Thank you.

No such thing as a UK senior card. Most places just look and give you the discount. If they look at you and say you are too young then smile and pay the extra. It must mean you are looking good.

Have a photo copy of your passport, that would have your age in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It varies a great deal.

Some seniors' discounts are specific to local residents or to nationality of EC countries. These are usually government-run operations Appropriate ID is usually needed. But many govt museums are free to all.

But discounted admission to sights & museums are usually for anyone over 60.

As daiB's reply, for those which give a discount to all seniors, including eateries at off-peak times, they tend to rely on your honesty rather than requiring proof.

A lot of places no longer give seniors' discounts. Kids yes, handicapped yes, seniors no. They've come to realise that seniors aren't as poor as they were, and are often a large percentage of their visitors.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull