A WIN WIN situation on the Adventure of the Seas!

I was just on the Adventure of the Seas march 23rd sailing. We went into that cruise knowing that something was wrong with the propeller from CC friends on a back to back. We started out the cruise in Puerto Rico. We knew the ship came in late but went over to the port at our usual early time of 11:30. They explained the ship wouldn't be ready to board till 3 so they bussed the all that were waiting over to a luxury hotel for lunch and to enjoy all the amenities of the hotel. We were bussed back at 3 and shortly got on the ship. To make a long story short, we stayed in Puerto Rico for 3 days because it took longer to fix than they originally thought. We still were able to enjoy all the things on the ship like the dining, spa, pools,etc. We were able to leave the ship to go enjoy San Juan, certainly not a bad place to be stranded, way better than cold and snowy PA. We did miss 2 ports out of 5 (Barbados and St. Maarten) but still got to go to 3 (Antigua, St. Lucia and St. Croix). In the end we got a full refund of the cruise and 50% off of a future cruise!! (We actually booked 2 on board). Kudos to Royal Caribbean!!!!!! You went way beyond the call of duty in my opinion!!!!!!! By the way, we all had a wonderful time!!!!!!

We were on that sailing too. I am working on my review. We traveled with a 16 month old and an almost 4 year old. I hadn't heard from anyone about being bussed over to a resort in SJU. Interesting. We didn't arrive at the port until 4pm and spent 3 hours waiting in the heat to board without being told any information about what was going on(luckily I knew from CC). Glad to hear they took care of some people while they were waiting to board.

Being we knew of the situation beforehand, we were just happy that the cruise wasn't canceled!!!! We figured we would miss Barbados because it was the farthest away, but also thought we would miss St. Lucia. I didn't mind missing St. Maarten because I have been there many times (even though I love it there). Yes....I was very happy with the results and happy with Royal Caribbean. Apparently everyone else was, too because the booking area was filled with people!

We were on that sailing too. I am working on my review. We traveled with a 16 month old and an almost 4 year old. I hadn't heard from anyone about being bussed over to a resort in SJU. Interesting. We didn't arrive at the port until 4pm and spent 3 hours waiting in the heat to board without being told any information about what was going on(luckily I knew from CC). Glad to hear they took care of some people while they were waiting to board.

We were also with a baby (17 month old-my grandson) We were a group of 9 including my daughter's in-laws who were first time cruisers!! While we were in line, we were given numbers (we were #1) and then got shuttled to the hotel and then got shuttled back to the ship at 3 and because we were #1 got put in the front of the line and got right on the ship!!

We were also with a baby (17 month old-my grandson) We were a group of 9 including my daughter's in-laws who were first time cruisers!! While we were in line, we were given numbers (we were #1) and then got shuttled to the hotel and then got shuttled back to the ship at 3 and because we were #1 got put in the front of the line and got right on the ship!!

Good to know that RCCL took such good care of you and your family!! Kudos to them!:)

Being we knew of the situation beforehand, we were just happy that the cruise wasn't canceled!!!! We figured we would miss Barbados because it was the farthest away, but also thought we would miss St. Lucia. I didn't mind missing St. Maarten because I have been there many times (even though I love it there). Yes....I was very happy with the results and happy with Royal Caribbean. Apparently everyone else was, too because the booking area was filled with people!

Yeah it was funny the first three days it was a ghost town at the Future Cruise desk and as soon as they told us we'd be getting a credit it was impossible to talk to them!!

That's great!! I'm glad they did tell some people what was going on. I just wish they had told all of us. :) Hope your family had a fantastic time!!