Leaving cruise early

barrydoll

Does anyone know how the Jones ct works for Alaska cruises? On our May sailing, we are in port in Victoria on our last nigh until 9pm. After the cruise we are visiting friends on nearby San Juan Island. We would save probably $1000 and a whole day of travel if we could just stay off in Victoria...

Robin

Can't believe I found this question on here. I had the same exact question re our Alaskan cruise. I have not booked airfare yet so could stay in Victoria overnight and then take the ferry to Vancouver and fly home from Vancouver instead of Seattle (if fare ends up cheaper). Of course there's the thought of paying for a hotel overnight plus the cost of the ferry and maybe a taxi to the airport. Lots to consider but glad to hear it is a possibility. Since I am a Canadian it probably works even better for me as long as NCL knows about it beforehand. Thanks.

Yes you can get off in a European port early. I did this once on a Celebrity cruise because we were bored to tears. We decided the morning and got off in the afternoon. Just tell guest services and pay your balance due. We were not charged any special fees and would have told them to stuff it if they had tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't believe I found this question on here. I had the same exact question re our Alaskan cruise. I have not booked airfare yet so could stay in Victoria overnight and then take the ferry to Vancouver and fly home from Vancouver instead of Seattle (if fare ends up cheaper). Of course there's the thought of paying for a hotel overnight plus the cost of the ferry and maybe a taxi to the airport. Lots to consider but glad to hear it is a possibility. Since I am a Canadian it probably works even better for me as long as NCL knows about it beforehand. Thanks.

If you are considering this, then spend more time on Vancouver Island, it's worth a couple nights. You are going to find this isn't going to be just a "simple" option if you are going to Vancouver and may be "surprised" at the cost and time involved.

Yes you can get off in a European port early. I did this once on a Celebrity cruise because we were bored to tears. We decided the morning and got off in the afternoon. Just tell guest services and pay your balance due. We were not charged any special fees and would have told them to stuff it if they had tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They would stuff it then charge your credit card.