Buying 8 x 10 pictures

Quite frankly, I usually have trouble finding one picture I actually would want to display. In 5 cruises we've bought 4 pictures.

Most come out poorly. Terrible reflections off glasses, people not looking in the same direction, windswept hair, goofy-looking smiles. It'd be nice if we could make adjustments rather than point,click, next.

Edited by nolesrule

Namelocg, thank you for giving me that information.

I have gone on the "correct" website more than one time, and cannot get any correct information, like you gave me. The picture deal you told me about, was that for all 8 x 10 pictures, or were some of the 10 smaller pictures?

OK, so more than likely the pictures are around $25. Has anyone bought the package deal where you get the "paper" pictures, and if so what is the cost of that?

It varies from ship to ship and from sailing to sailing. The image group has Freedom prices through Aug. For my May 11 Freedom sailing, it is $300 for all the prints. $400 for the prints and digital

A little off topic, but can you ask to have a smaller picture, either 5X7 or 4X6?

And, do you know the cost of the smaller pic?

Thanks!

Port pics tend to be 5x7. As far as I know they cannot resize any pic. You get what they printed and hung on the wall. There are no 4x6s that I have ever seen. But once you buy them, I scan them and then I can print them whatever size I want.

A little off topic, but can you ask to have a smaller picture, either 5X7 or 4X6?

And, do you know the cost of the smaller pic?

Thanks!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the photos are set size. They print some 4"x6", others 6"x8", others 8"x10" and they will not reprint in other sizes . The smaller ones are generally the ones in port, and the formal ones are all 8"x10"

If you try to buy the package it only becomes available on line about 4 week prior to your sail date. The one for my Liberty TA became available last week. You can log on and ask for an email notification when your cruise becomes available. As an example for my 13 night trip there are 3 package options:

1. 10 pictures are $179.99

2. A CD with All of your pictures for $249.99

3. A CD with All of your pictures plus 1 copy of any printed picture in the gallery for $349.99

Hope this info helps

Great prices for 13 nights! For 7 nights on FOS, I paid $280 for the CD with all the pictures. Note that once onboard, they no longer offered this option, it had to have been purchased ahead of time.

We were on the Navigator 3/23/14 and I am pretty sure the 8x10's were $29.99. I refused to spend that on one photo and I ALWAYS buy the photos.

My mom asked if they could make smaller sized copies and they said no.

If the photos had been $22 or even $25 I would have bought one but $30 for one photo seemed unreasonable to me.

In Oct. on Oasis:

8x10-$19.95

5x7-$14.95

Discounts for multiples, as well as various print and/or digital packages.

Note: if you prepay for the package before sailing, it's cheaper, but

still available onboard. Although, they say the packages are limited in number.

In December on FOS we purchased a 10 print package once on board for $169, I believe. We only did it since it was our honeymoon, and once we decided to do it (it was the only way to be able to hold them all and select later - that is what they said), we made sure to take lots of pictures. We definitely had enough to choose from.

Thank you everyone for letting me know the cost of the 8" x 10" paper pictures. I'll just round it off to $25, for just in case.:) I would like to get (if possible) a package deal for just the paper ones, but I cannot seem to get through on the website, so maybe they will let me do it on the ship.:confused: