Alcohol quick ?

Frogger22

Are small (luchbox) size coolers allowed to carry few bottle of water to/from port? Just looking for ways to have cold drinks at the beach in case no vendors are nearby. Thanks.

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

•Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

Are small (luchbox) size coolers allowed to carry few bottle of water to/from port? Just looking for ways to have cold drinks at the beach in case no vendors are nearby. Thanks.

If you can smash a small cooler into your luggage, you'll be fine. DCL's rule is as above, and they won't allow you to bring any sort of cooler other than one needed for medications as part of your carry on luggage.

Sorry, there have been problems with people bringing coolers full of adult beverages to the pool areas--the rule is that alcohol brought on board is for consumption in your stateroom only. I suspect that DCL found it easier to forbid coolers than to deal with the behaviors that were becoming associated with them (but that's just my logic).

If you can smash a small cooler into your luggage' date=' you'll be fine. DCL's rule is as above, and they won't allow you to bring any sort of cooler other than one needed for medications as part of your carry on luggage.

Sorry, there have been problems with people bringing coolers full of adult beverages to the pool areas--the rule is that alcohol brought on board is for consumption in your stateroom only. I suspect that DCL found it easier to forbid coolers than to deal with the behaviors that were becoming associated with them (but that's just my logic).[/quote']

I understand. I wouldn't want such adult behaviors in the pool areas either. I wonder if the refrigerator in the rooms (on Fantasy) are cold enough to freeze the water bottles...

I understand. I wouldn't want such adult behaviors in the pool areas either. I wonder if the refrigerator in the rooms (on Fantasy) are cold enough to freeze the water bottles...

They are proper refrigerators as I understand, they may chill them down to close to freezing point, but I doubt they will actually freeze water.

Maybe get a bucket of ice to put the water bottles in the fridge?

Don't worry about finding a vendor on the beaches of the islands lol!

Or a server on CC either.

Anyone want a drink?!? lol!

You will pay a price for them though.

ex techie

They will get a water bottle good and cold, but they won't freeze one.

As above, for $$$ you can purchase them all over the beach. Another suggestion--get some ice from the beverage station (it is crushed). With little effort, you can make very cold ice water with small pieces of ice in it. Won't last as long as a solid freeze, but will last a while.

I am not a hard booze drinker, so I want to bring on a case or 2 of Beer.. What would you guys recommend is the best way to do this? (I don't think I could fit it in my carry on).. Could I put it on one of those metal things with wheels and wheel it on?? (maybe cover it up with a towel or something so it's not so obvious?) I also want to bring a case of water too, how do people do that? I know it's all 'allowed' but just not sure if lugging a case of beer on the ship is 'appropriate'. Thanks so much

I am not a hard booze drinker, so I want to bring on a case or 2 of Beer.. What would you guys recommend is the best way to do this? (I don't think I could fit it in my carry on).. Could I put it on one of those metal things with wheels and wheel it on?? (maybe cover it up with a towel or something so it's not so obvious?) I also want to bring a case of water too, how do people do that? I know it's all 'allowed' but just not sure if lugging a case of beer on the ship is 'appropriate'. Thanks so much

You can bring as much on as you wish. Whatever you can manhandle until your room is ready. DCL does prefer that you have it "covered". Many people use roller bags. Just be aware that any carry on bags need to fit through the scanner (max size 22"X14"X9").

Just a suggestion to lighten your load - there's really no need to bring bottled water onboard. All the water onboard the ship is processed the same as most bottled waters (reverse osmosis and filtered). That's ALL water (preparing food, from the drink station, from the tap in your room, in the pools, making ice, etc). We just bring a refillable waterbottle onboard and fill up in the room. Much more environmentally friendly, too.

I just returned from my DCL cruise. They sell soft sided personal coolers packed with 6 bottles of water ($20 IIRC) before your excutsions, so I don't think a small lunch size soft cooler would be a problem.

But as others have mentioned above, the water on the ship is very good. I took a reusable water bottle with a wide opening ($6 at Publix, in an insulated carrier) and filled it with ice & water from the lido deck.

We carried beer and wine on board in our carry on roll bags. We removed the beer from the boxes and it fit better. We were also able to restock the beer supply in port (i.e. Coronas for $1/ bottle in Cozumel).

Our biggest challenge was hunting down wine glasses every day. We sometimes ordered them from room service (had to order a corkscrew the first day) other times ran down to a bar and asked for them if we didn't want to wait. Also, we forgot bottle opener but the bartender on the lido gave me one when I asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by BlueMoon3669