Did I make a BIG mistake?

Being single and no kids in my early 30's I'm looking for more of an adult atmosphere

Looks like you have chosen RCI, which is a great line but also very family-friendly. There will be kids on your ship but there are also places to get some peace and quiet. You'll find them. :)

Seriously? You're more concerned about being on a ship with a lot of kids, who hopefully will be involved in the kids' program than about college spring breakers? I remember one of my first cruises on Carnival when we were walking in the buffet and saw a bunch of kids seated at a table doing some arts and crafts (maybe decorating cookies?). I hadn't thought of kids going on a cruise, but seeing them made me think, wow, I wish I got to go on a cruise at that age (my parents were not pro-cruising...my mother finally went on her one cruise in her 80s and enjoyed it). We saw some kids on a passenger scavenger hunt later on in the cruise -- they came up to us and we tried to find categories we can sign off on. Years later, our daughter was 8 (on her sixth cruise) and participating in one of these hunts.

On the other hand, on my "preggers' cruise, it was a spring break cruise (Easter weekend) and tons of college students were spending as much time (and money) getting wasted. On our Ensenada port day, students were staggering out of taxis to get back on the ship. The next day was extremely quiet in the morning.

We did an eastern Caribbean cruise in March (when our girl was 3) and it was a great cruise, but post-cruise, we spent a week in Florida, and it was full of college spring breakers. Both of our nights in Key West, I ended up calling the front desk at our hotel around 3am to complain of the noise.

Again, little kids vs college kids...

Its personal preference. I've heard so do many horror stories of children running rampid on the ships screaming and being rude pushing people and taking things off of peoples doors. Just not a fan of all of that chaos.

I'm a night owl and so are my friends, so college kids being awake until 3-4am won't bother me the least. A crying child not getting their way over something ridiculous is just not my cup of tea

Yes some and probably most Kids are well behaved. Just have seen and heard so many horror stories lately that want me to steer clear of that time of cruising dates. So I called my TA and switched sailing dates.

I'll leave my crying nieces and nephews at home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Its personal preference. I've heard so do many horror stories of children running rampid on the ships screaming and being rude pushing people and taking things off of peoples doors. Just not a fan of all of that chaos.

I'm a night owl and so are my friends, so college kids being awake until 3-4am won't bother me the least. A crying child not getting their way over something ridiculous is just not my cup of tea

Yes some and probably most Kids are well behaved. Just have seen and heard so many horror stories lately that want me to steer clear of that time of cruising dates. So I called my TA and switched sailing dates.

I'll leave my crying nieces and nephews at home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It's the rampant running teens that bother me, but I get where you're coming from.

Edited by Jo-Bob

Spring break is a season. Mid-February through mid-April (sometimes late April depending on when Easter is). We've gone during spring break and it's really not too bad - except the drunken college students. Of course, I have more of a problem with drunken adults no matter what their age.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

If it were me, I would book the BEGINNING of February at the latest and stay away from mid Feb to mid April. In fact, that is exactly what my group is doing in 2015. Sailing aboard Royal Princess Feb 7-17.