How hot and humid is it down there?

goldgirl2

We are doing the cave tubing. Living in Michigan, I'm not used to heat and humidity and I don't like 90 degrees so much. Will the jungle trek be miserably hot? Do we need to take a towel and change if clothes? I wouldn't want to wear a wet bathing suit for an hour on a bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Obviously it's hard to say what the weather is really going to be like on any given day even 2-3 days in advance. But typically in mid April the temps are in the upper 80s and the humidity is around 60-65% (somewhat mild). But if weather systems are moving through (about 60% of the time) the humidity can reach 100%.

But the jungle trek has shady spots and it's that onerous of a walk.

Yes, you can take a towel and dry clothes on the cavetubing excursions. Bring a change of shoes/flops too. Flops aren't recommended for tubing. But wear older sneakers you're ready to discard and leave them with the park for the locals. The guides/vendors will lock up the vans/buses at the site. Put on sunscreen before getting into the van/bus at the cruise center. Or even while still on the ship. SPF 50 should work for the whole time you're out.

Don't fret the small stuff. Cave tubing is a relaxing excursions. Have a great time.