Steakhouse Questions

GatorGirl57

I am trying to talk my DH into the steakhouse on the first night of our cruise for a 6pm reservation when it opens. He is considering it, and has two questions:

1. Can you get additional food like in the MDR? (I know that he probably will not want them in the end...but he just wants to know)

2. We have Your Time Dining. Can we go to the MDR at 9:00 pm and get food if we want? (like Warm Chocolate Melting cake...)

1. It is not all what you can eat like the MDR. I think I have read where people have ordered more but they were charged. DH will not go hungry though...it is a lot of food!

2. Yes, with ATD, you can still go to the MDR and get your warm melting chocolate cake if you want. The desserts at the steakhouse are amazing though so not sure you will want it.

If you drink wine, the first night is the best night to go because you get a free bottle with your dinner.

Good luck!

1. No you can't get more food but I would like to shake the persons hand who can complete a meal at the steakhouse and still want more afterwords.

2. I have heard of others going to the MDR for dessert after the steakhouse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I see your next cruise is on the Legend. You'll go under the Skyway bridge around 6-6:20pm. It's something to see the ship just miss the bridge if you're interested in that. Crowd gathers on the highest deck for the show. Can't see it from the Steakhouse, except marginally. If you make the reservation for 7pm you'll be able to do that and have time to fix your hair as it's really, really windy!

I see your next cruise is on the Legend. You'll go under the Skyway bridge around 6-6:20pm. It's something to see the ship just miss the bridge if you're interested in that. Crowd gathers on the highest deck for the show. Can't see it from the Steakhouse, except marginally. If you make the reservation for 7pm you'll be able to do that and have time to fix your hair as it's really, really windy!

Thanks for the tip!! I will make sure to do that.

Isn't there also a discount for dining in the steakhouse on the first night? I've heard that's the case on some ships. (And not sure if that's only if you book once you board or if it applies to booking in advance)

Edited by mferris77

Isn't there also a discount for dining in the steakhouse on the first night? I've heard that's the case on some ships. (And not sure if that's only if you book once you board or if it applies to booking in advance)

I did the Steakhouse the first night on my last cruise. There was no discount but there was a bottle of wine included free of charge.

Definitely eat at the steakhouse! I was really pleased with our experience there on the Glory

I had the filet mignon and hubby and some huge 18oz ribeye (think that was it)

you won't need extra food, they did encourage extra sides if you wanted them. The desserts were good. I had a piece of cheesecake that was just huge. Hubby had the chocolate sampler and loved it. The service was amazing.

Everyone. I believe the wine choice was Santa Carolina red or white.

I received the free bottle on my first night visit to the Pinnacle Steakhouse on Splendor in January. I tried the bottle of Santa Carolina red and it was a decent wine. It went well with my surf and turf. Try the shrimp cocktail for the appetizer. The shrimp were huge and fresh. The table side Cesar salad was great. The cheesecake was delicious and huge. I ate everything except I could only get halfway throuth the cheesecake.

It was an excellent meal and I went back a second time later in the cruise.

Enjoy!:cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

We are going the second night, we aren't wine drinkers, I like a good beer, whiskey, or a fancy cocktail, preferably a girly one with an umbrella, but all wine kind of tastes like grape juice gone bad to me. I have a pretty fancy palate when it comes to cheese, but I have not yet developed a palate for wine. It doesn't stop me from trying some when it's offered, but it's not my thing.

I'm assuming boozy drinks are extra in the steakhouse? If you can't finish (I can never finish) will they wrap it up for you to take back to your room?

Edited by maurinsky2

I always recommend to everyone to at least try the speciality restaurants once. I ordered the lobster ravioli at the steakhouse and while the quality of the food was excellent, I thought the quantity of food was lacking for a $30+ meal. I guess that is what I get for ordering pasta at a steakhouse.

I am trying to talk my DH into the steakhouse on the first night of our cruise for a 6pm reservation when it opens. He is considering it, and has two questions:

1. Can you get additional food like in the MDR? (I know that he probably will not want them in the end...but he just wants to know)

2. We have Your Time Dining. Can we go to the MDR at 9:00 pm and get food if we want? (like Warm Chocolate Melting cake...)

Some like to make their own surf and turf; not the combination they serve that has two smaller portions.

An extra entree will set you back an additional 20 clams, but if your sweet and ask nice, you may try to get extra starters.

I always recommend to everyone to at least try the speciality restaurants once. I ordered the lobster ravioli at the steakhouse and while the quality of the food was excellent, I thought the quantity of food was lacking for a $30+ meal. I guess that is what I get for ordering pasta at a steakhouse.

At $10 a ravioli, it's not worth it.

I'm assuming boozy drinks are extra in the steakhouse?

You have assumed correctly. Beverage service is the same as you would experience in the main dining room. The steakhouses did have a sommelier, but I have heard through the grapevine that they were recently eliminated as their demand did not justify the costs.