Tapas bar & beach area in Majahual at port Costa Maya

winter_escape

Tapas bar & beach area in Majahual at port Costa Maya

This post is long over due. After searching this board in planning our Jan ’05 Cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas we decided to leave the cruise port of Costa Maya and take a taxi into the village of Majahual. We were both very glad we did! From reading recommendations posted here we sought out “Tapas” bar and spent the day enjoying the beach & the great food. I tried the deep fried lobster and my wife had chips & salsa. I enjoyed a few Mexican beers. The waiter was great, the food was fantastic, and the weather was perfect. Some pictures below…….

lobster_small.jpg

My Deep fried lobster mmmmmmm goood....

tammy&waiter.jpg

Our Waiter and my wife holding a flower he made for her from a napkin...

me&lobster.jpg

Me enjoying that lobster...

beachview.jpg

A view of our ship & the beach from Tapas...

tammy&flower.jpg

My wife with the flower the waiter made for her...

Cant wait to go back!!!

I haven't been there, but my parents have and said it was quite "generic"?? Kind of like a fake little tourist area. No beach, pool was saltwater if I remember correctly. Go into town for the real flavor of Costa Maya!!

We spent time at both and liked the village better than the port but you could easily spend the day relaxing at the port if you did not want to take a taxi. We were the only ship in port the day we visited and so did not find either place crowded. Have a great time...

...we decided to leave the cruise port of Costa Maya and take a taxi into the village of Majahual. We were both very glad we did! From reading recommendations posted here we sought out “Tapas” bar and spent the day enjoying the beach & the great food. I tried the deep fried lobster and my wife had chips & salsa. I enjoyed a few Mexican beers.
Do you recall how much for the lunch and the taxi?

The Taxi was $3.00 USD to get there and $2.00 USD to get back to port. Lunch price was interesting. When we went to leave our waiter "totaled up" our bill and it came to $38.00 USD. My wife overheard him "total up" some other folks bill that were sitting near us, party of five, and it came to $38.00 USD also. What a coincidence .... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I loved it. Alan gave fantastic service, gave my wife a shoulder massage while I went off to refill our water bottle with 80 proof to take back on board. It as the only place we tried that had Negra Modelo and conch cocktails two of my favorites. Also the snorkling is fantastic out past the reef about 100 yds out.

Archived