Question about Airport Transportation

Hi Everyone - I'm hoping one of you past cruisers will be able to help me with this problem. My party of four just found out we are going to have to spend 10 hours in the Anchorage Airport because according to Carnival that is the only flight they can get us to in time to get us home to MN on the day we depart the ship. This would mean us getting off the ship at about 9:00, then the two hour bus trip to Anchorage, then the 10 hour wait for our plane to take off which will get us into Minneapolis at 6:00 the next morning (which really isn't the day we get off the ship).:confused:

Their alternative is to spend the night we get off the ship in Anchorage at the Hilton hotel for a measly $340 a couple and leave at a respectable time the next day. This of course does not include any meals or sightseeing. There is steam coming out of my husband's ears as I type.:mad:

My question is has anyone ever got Carnival to fly them to say. . . Las Vegas:p the day they got off the ship and I would pay to stay the night there and would Carnival pay the one-way fare back to Minneapolis the next day. It would actually be cheaper for them from what I have checked on the internet. Does anyone think this is a possibility. I am open to any suggestions. I didn't mean to write a book. Thanks!

Hi,

A late night departure from Anchorage after a Northbound Alaskan Cruise is typical from any cruise line. When I flew home from there, my flight departed at 1:30am.

Anchorage is nice though, so being able to explore the city throughout the day is definitely an advantageous use of your time upon arrival seeing as your going all that way.

No cruise line will adjust flight itineraries without a requested air deviation. Their "Fly Aweigh" program is detailed in the back of your Carnival brochure.

Cruise line flight itineraries can be customized upon request, however they do charge a managerial air deviation fee to do so, plus any additional cost incurred by the new flights over and above their contracted rates.

Cruise lines only secure so many seats to and from every major gateway in the US at a specific contracted rate with the air line, so even if you can book seats on a particular desired flight, this does not necessarily mean that the cruise line will have seats available to provide to you on that flight.

I hope you will find this informative.

At any rate, enjoy your cruise on the Carnival Spirit. (I've been on her, quite an interesting ship)

Thanks for all the info Mr. Cruise!

I will call my TA today and see what she can find out how much more it would be to change our travel itinerary. We were in Anchorage last year for two days so really do not want to see it again this time.

Thanks Again for your input.

Archived