When did they stop delivering lunch to the cabanas on Princess Cay?

browneyedwoman

I read a few reviews and saw a tour of a Princess cay cabana on Youtube and they mentioned that you get a delivered lunch in the cabanas free of charge. It sounded really nice especially since it costs so much for a cabana. I've read online that they've now discontinued it and it costs $25 per person to have food delivered to eat in the cabana. Does anyone have the correct information?

We were there 3 weeks ago. No free lunch delivered anymore (don't know when they stopped). We ordered the "gourmet lunch" which included several really good things along with all the inedible stuff from the bar-b-que. It was delivered to our cabana in courses and we had an attendant who's sole job it was to see we enjoyed our lunch.

Well worth the $25/person!

I think you have 2 options (other than ordering the gourmet lunch for 4):

1. when you check in to the cabana explain to the attendant that you have this issue and ask if they can assign someone to get food for you if you are willing to tip them.

2. try making friends with one of the folks serving drinks (tip them well) and just before lunch time ask them if they can please help you get food for the 2 people who can't go to the buffet.

The gourmet lunch is great! The day we were there EVERYTHING on the buffet was burned to a crisp - it was terrible. Salads were ok.

Good luck. We didn't see anyone bringing food for the cabanas other than the waiters who brought the gourmet lunch. There is a very nice gentleman (forgot his name) who will check you into your cabana and I suggest you explain your needs to him and see if he can help. If he doesn't offer anything, then select one of the bar waiters and tell them early on what you need - there may be some rule against them bringing food but I don't know.

Yes, just go to the Excursions desk and ask them to sign you up. They will tell you the menu and you will have priority tender tickets in your stateroom the night before you get to Princess Cays. It is truly a wonderful lunch with real cloth napkins, a tablecloth, and real silverware instead of plastic. It is a lot of food and the serice we had was excellent.

Enjoy!

I read a few reviews and saw a tour of a Princess cay cabana on Youtube and they mentioned that you get a delivered lunch in the cabanas free of charge. It sounded really nice especially since it costs so much for a cabana. I've read online that they've now discontinued it and it costs $25 per person to have food delivered to eat in the cabana. Does anyone have the correct information?

We were in the SANCTUARY bungalows last April and when we walked back from the BBQ with our food one of the attendants told us that he would have gladly gotten it for us.

Has this changed???

Thanks. We will be back in one of the Sanctuary bungalows next week.