Cooking Demos on the Jewel

We went to one that was held in the Atrium area for cake-decorating. They had a older gentleman go up and decorate a cake side-by-side with the cruise director. It was pretty hilarious! At the end, everyone got to sample some cake. There was a virgin cake for the kids, and the cruise director had one he soaked in rum for everyone else who wanted a free drink for the day, because it was SOAKED, dripping in rum and delicious. The older gentleman got to keep his cake for his dinner table that evening. During the demo, they tried to sell their Royal Caribbean recipes cookbook, but it was pretty unobtrusive, they just passed the book around and let people flip through it.

I don't know how the volunteer got picked though, I would have loved to try it! :D Sadly, that's the only one we went to. I wish it would have had more courses/variety of dishes (like Carnival's Chef's Art demo that we attended last cruise) or more opportunities for more audience involvement/more volunteers.

Hope that helps! I don't think there were any others, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong, as we love that kind of thing!

We saw this demo on the Jewel in 2008 whilst on a Baltic cruise. I can't remember the name of the Cruise Director but it was the funniest thing I have seen on a cruise:D

The lady participating was given shots to drink while the chef and the CD were drinking "water" shots. The cake was delicious. I've often wished they would do this again.

Can anyone help with the name of the Cruise Director? It was a 12 night Baltic from Harwich, June 2008.

Thanks

Gill:)