shore excursion suggestions

tiger belle

my mother and I will be cruising on Dream in October out of New Orleans...the itinerary includes Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel...my mother is in her 70s and has some mobility and stamina issues...I am also not exactly the athletic type :)

I am requesting ideas for shore excursions in each of those ports of call...I prefer to stick with the Carnival "official" excursions because I feel safer and don't have to worry about missing the sail-away

the kind of excursions we've enjoyed in the past are island tours--mostly driving to see the sights--and occasionally a boat ride...we like visiting such places as turtle farms, butterfly habitats, historical buildings...we also like to do a little local shopping too...thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have

my mother and I will be cruising on Dream in October out of New Orleans...the itinerary includes Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel...my mother is in her 70s and has some mobility and stamina issues...I am also not exactly the athletic type :)

I am requesting ideas for shore excursions in each of those ports of call...I prefer to stick with the Carnival "official" excursions because I feel safer and don't have to worry about missing the sail-away

the kind of excursions we've enjoyed in the past are island tours--mostly driving to see the sights--and occasionally a boat ride...we like visiting such places as turtle farms, butterfly habitats, historical buildings...we also like to do a little local shopping too...thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have

You should post this in each of the ports on the Port of Call board.

We enjoyed the Rose Hall and shopping excursion in Jamaica. Anything that has visiting the turtle farm in Cayman would be fun as you get to hold them. On our last trip there we had a grandmother with us that uses a walker some and she went with us to the sting rays and actually got in and swam with them. It was a little effort to get her back in the boat but she made it and had a blast. If the water isn't rough it should be quite easy, but she also wouldn't have to get out if she didn't want to or thought she couldn't. For cozumel you could just go to a beach and relax with little effort.