New to MSC...

Bibble

I have tried to find these answers, truly I have :)

Having cruised Carnival many times, RCCL a few, and NCL a couple, I know that they are very similar. So now that I'm going to try MSC, I'd like to check if they're similar too.

Typically I'm the person who shows up to port at 10:00am, checks in, and waits until about 11:15 embarkation, for a 4pm sailing.

My cruise shows a 7pm sailing - do they typically start embarkation around 11:00/11:30?

Can we bring our own water and soda aboard?

Can we bring a bottle of wine?

Thank you for any help you can give this MSC Newbie!

Yes, boarding is still early. Anywhere between 11:30 and Noon depending on CBP clearance.

No, you can't bring food, water, soda or alcohol. Now that is the official answer. Many people on here have said they have gotten it on with no issue. Feel free to try....just be aware they can confiscate it.

Hope this helps!

Bret

Yes, boarding is still early. Anywhere between 11:30 and Noon depending on CBP clearance.

No, you can't bring food, water, soda or alcohol. Now that is the official answer. Many people on here have said they have gotten it on with no issue. Feel free to try....just be aware they can confiscate it.

Hope this helps!

Bret

Thanks so much!

With it only being 2 nights (I saw on my other thread you're going too), I think I can handle not bringing my own water. Next week I'm going to investigate the drink packages... (who am I kidding? I'll probably look it up & down tonight!)

Expect check in to begin around 11:00.

If everything is proceeding according to schedule, boarding will begin around 12:00, Cabins should be ready about 2:00. Plenty of food at the buffet until your cabin is ready.

We just brought water on board the Divina last week. No alcohol though.

Have a great trip!

That's good to know :)

Expect check in to begin around 11:00.

If everything is proceeding according to schedule, boarding will begin around 12:00, Cabins should be ready about 2:00. Plenty of food at the buffet until your cabin is ready.

Thank you! I'll probably end up at port around 10:30 just because I can't help myself. But at least I Know I'll have to wait.