Tallinn Estonia Review

Tallinn is extremely easy to tour on your own. The tourist office is located on the pier.

It is a charming medieval city. Everything is withing easy walking distance.

They gladly take US and everything is cheaper there.

A Tallinn Card is available which includes transportation, a 2 1/2 hour tour and museums fees. We didn't opt for this because we preferred to walk.

We used the "Rick Steves" Scandinavia guide book" and took his walking tour.

I highly recommend this book.

There were many street vendors and shops selling linens and sweaters.

Tallinn is extremely easy to tour on your own. The tourist office is located on the pier.

It is a charming medieval city. Everything is withing easy walking distance.

They gladly take US and everything is cheaper there.

A Tallinn Card is available which includes transportation, a 2 1/2 hour tour and museums fees. We didn't opt for this because we preferred to walk.

We used the "Rick Steves" Scandinavia guide book" and took his walking tour.

I highly recommend this book.

There were many street vendors and shops selling linens and sweaters.

I agree with you on Tallin, so charming. I could not believe how many people were on a ship's tour, unable to browse, shop, stop etc. Well, to each his own. We did purchase a painting from a vendor using US dollars, but when we stopped for lunch in one of the cafes, they would not accept dollars. So, I guess it depends on the place.

I agree with you on Tallin, so charming. I could not believe how many people were on a ship's tour, unable to browse, shop, stop etc. Well, to each his own. We did purchase a painting from a vendor using US dollars, but when we stopped for lunch in one of the cafes, they would not accept dollars. So, I guess it depends on the place.

Walking around on our own sounds wonderful, but where were you able to buy local currency? Did the ship carry some? Thanks Irish Lass

We also did the Rick Steves walking tour of Tallinn using his Scandinavia guidebook, and I also highly recommend it. It tells you exactly which way to go to see the important sights and takes you to two lookout points which give you a great view. There is NO REASON to purchase a tour in Tallinn. We didn't eat there because it started to rain, but we did buy a couple of things using our leftover Euros.

Walking around on our own sounds wonderful, but where were you able to buy local currency? Did the ship carry some? Thanks Irish Lass

The money change places had a min $4 fee. There were some ATMs. We use US$ in a shop and asked for change back in local currency, which gave us enough money for a couple of beers and my coin collection!

• 1 year later...

Archived