Getaway: Storage under the bed?

connolk

Hi - in a balcony stateroom, is there space under the bed to put your luggage? I saw photos of the closets and they don't look big enough for luggage!

I haven't been on the Getaway yet but have been on the Breakaway and I understand they are basically the same in regard to staterooms.

Yes, our large suitcase fit under the bed without any problems. Also, there are extra blankets in the pull out drawer under the couch. You can always ask for them to be removed and use that for clothes, etc.

Harriet

IMG20140329_BA-Underbed.jpg

Our 22" Travelpro 22" airline-sized carry-on rollers virtually disappeared under the Queen Bed. Pickup some packing cubes to keep the smaller items (tees, underwear, socks, etc.) organized in the suitcase and/or closet shelves (and, they are too shallow or lack the depth.

I took this photo to illustrate how much space there is under the bed (same as those in the oceanview & inside cabins on the BA/GA) with easily 12"+ in height for those oversized/expanded bags.

Even NCL stored the life jackets in a basket down there. ;) (along with the extra comforter/blanket/pillow for the unused pullman bed(s) for one of our insides.)

Edited by mking8288

To the OP: here's a link to my photo album of my balcony cabin on the Getaway. As you will see, there was plenty of storage.

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Getaway%20Cruise%20030814/Cabin%20and%20Towel%20Animals?sort=2&page=1

what cabin number.....looks like an angled balcony....I have cabin 9300 with an angled balcony booked

We're traveling with our 14 year old son and have a balcony room as well. After looking at pictures I can't figure out where his bed will be. Does he sleep on the couch? Is there a birth that pulls out somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi - in a balcony stateroom, is there space under the bed to put your luggage? I saw photos of the closets and they don't look big enough for luggage!

Just had the same thought.

Thanks for the info everyone.