Disney cruise... We didn't check on online. What to expect??

lylabelle1

Yes I know they send a million emails to do that. This is just a part of a busy trip and I just forgot in the process of booking flights, hotels and excursions. I filled out the papers attached to the cute mickey book with the luggage tags, but to save my life, the morning we left I couldn't find any of it! Disaster.

So in the am we need to do luggage tags then I have to fill out all the freakin paperwork. I am already in the port area and was planning to get there before 11. I know Disney does a while "pick a time" thing which was why I didn't end up checking online, all our flights ended up being booked separate and when I did get the flight figured out I want sure where we were staying etc etc. So without a "boarding time" will things be fine with me getting there at 11 to fill all the stuff out to get on? I have to turn in the rental car at 10 ish then we are taking the airport shuttle to the port, so we expect to be there by 11.

I'm a seasoned cruiser but this is the first Disney cruise. So not quite sure what to expect with the rotation dining and all that. But hoping it's a good cruise. Any advice???

Yes I know they send a million emails to do that. This is just a part of a busy trip and I just forgot in the process of booking flights, hotels and excursions. I filled out the papers attached to the cute mickey book with the luggage tags, but to save my life, the morning we left I couldn't find any of it! Disaster.

So in the am we need to do luggage tags then I have to fill out all the freakin paperwork. I am already in the port area and was planning to get there before 11. I know Disney does a while "pick a time" thing which was why I didn't end up checking online, all our flights ended up being booked separate and when I did get the flight figured out I want sure where we were staying etc etc. So without a "boarding time" will things be fine with me getting there at 11 to fill all the stuff out to get on? I have to turn in the rental car at 10 ish then we are taking the airport shuttle to the port, so we expect to be there by 11.

I'm a seasoned cruiser but this is the first Disney cruise. So not quite sure what to expect with the rotation dining and all that. But hoping it's a good cruise. Any advice???

Generally speaking, each Port Arrival Time window (15 minute windows beginning at 10:30 am) will have X amount of boarding numbers assigned to it. Your boarding number is tied to your Port Arrival Time.

For ease of explanation, let's say each 15 minute window has 4 boarding numbers assigned to it. So, let's say, the last PAT window is issuing boarding numbers of 31, 32, 33, & 34.

Without a PAT, your boarding number will be at the end of the numbers already assigned (#35), even if you arrive at 11:00.

That being said, the Open Boarding (when anyone holding any boarding number may board) is generally announced around 12:30-1:00.

One question, is the "shuttle" from airport to port the DCL transfers?

Edited by Shmoo here

Yea it's just me showing up with a 6yr old looking clueless. :-) I typically get to cruise ships around 11, though they all seem to give everyone a board time, Im at a hotel I need to check out of, a car I have to return by a certain time. I'll be there by 11 whether they like it or not. Hopefully it won't take more than an hour or so.

People said go to first services right away to sign up for some special events that get booked. Any other things I should do that first few hours?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

OK, I was just asking because, if it was DCL transfers, the answer I gave you would be different.

Okay, now you've got my attention :)

We're on our second DCL cruise at the end of the month. We've done online check-in and were assigned port arrival times of 2:00pm.

BUT... most of our party is using DCL transfers. I just sort of figured everything would be okay -- it seemed unlikely the cruiseline would get us to the pier at 11:00 but refuse to let us board for three hours.

So what will happen? To further complicate matters, there are two members of our party (sharing a cabin) who are driving their own vehicle.

Thanks in advance :)

If you are using DCL transfers, you will be allowed into the terminal as soon as the bus gets you there. If you are using your own transportation, you will be let into the terminal at the time of your selected "port arrival time" FOR SURE. Most of the time, you'll be allowed in when you arrive, but if you arrive before the ship starts boarding (11:15-11:30), you might be asked to wait for a few minutes. (The deal is that the fire marshal limits the number of people allowed in the terminal).

Whether you have transfers or your own transportation, you will select a terminal arrival time when you do you on line check in. Your boarding card number is tied to you arrival time, so you'll get the same number regardless of mode of arrival. You will be allowed to board when your number is called or when they announce "open boarding" which is typically around 1:00.

On your on line check in, you will see the list of available PATs. You select what works best for you, but in general earlier is better. As far as boarding with your group--if you don't all have the same boarding number, it is your choice whether to wait for the last number or those people with earlier numbers board earlier. The CM will sometimes allow ONE extra cabin to board with a lower number in order to keep a group together, but no more than that.

Thanks for the info. I have to say that the possibility of taking the shuttle only to have to wait in the terminal for hours is kind of disappointing. I doubt it will work out that way, but even the theoretical potential makes me a bit nervous (just a bit).

Thanks for the info. I have to say that the possibility of taking the shuttle only to have to wait in the terminal for hours is kind of disappointing. I doubt it will work out that way, but even the theoretical potential makes me a bit nervous (just a bit).

Just do your on line check in as soon as you can and choose the earliest time offered. Waiting is usually less than anticipated!

Okay, now you've got my attention :)

We're on our second DCL cruise at the end of the month. We've done online check-in and were assigned port arrival times of 2:00pm.

BUT... most of our party is using DCL transfers. I just sort of figured everything would be okay -- it seemed unlikely the cruiseline would get us to the pier at 11:00 but refuse to let us board for three hours.

So what will happen? To further complicate matters, there are two members of our party (sharing a cabin) who are driving their own vehicle.

Thanks in advance :)

Actually, that is exactly what they will do. We had a port arrival time of 1:45-2:00 p.m. and arrived at the Port via a DCL cruise bus at around 10:30 a.m. We walked right up to the check in desk and checked in fairly quickly. But we were given a boarding group number of 29 (linked to our PAT) We sat there for over 2 hours before our group number was called. Fortunately, we did not have to wait until 1:45 but I thought it was ridiculous that we were made to sit there while the terminal filled up around us. You likely will not have to wait until 2:00 to board but if you arrive at 11:00 you will probably sit for awhile.