Auto Gratuity for Spa Services

karatemom2

Honestly...I really don't appreciate ANYONE or ANY ESTABLISHMENT telling me what I have to tip. I avoid as often as possible those who have adopted this stance.

I totally agree and the "mandatory" bar tip has always aggravated me. Back in my "serious" drinking days I was exclusively a beer drinker. The fact that all the bartender had to do with me was pull the bottle out of the case and pop the top! That's his J-O-B right?????? It's not like he's having to use any expertise and mix it all up etc like a cocktail!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I usually have a couple of massages on my cruises. And it was only the last one in Nov that the tip was added to the bill. I knew about it beforehand as it must have been written somewhere ( but not the Patters as I just checked them). I did take some $$ for a tip and the masseur pointed out tips had already been added. But being relaxed and very happy as there was no trying to sell anything extra to me I tipped the cash extra anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Most mainstream spas on land have auto gratuities. You can always ask for it to be removed and then tip what you want. Not surprised this is the direction princess is heading.

Had one of the best facials of my life a few weeks ago on Royal. I tipped above the auto, she deserved it!