Roy Disney Suite on the Magic

aztec49Y

Thank you for your replies. We are in that suite for the magic EBTA crossing this May and are really looking forward to the days at sea.

When we had the Walt in Alaska we enjoyed free Internet for all of our party, a fully stocked fridge of soda and bottled water all the time, and we had Palo dinner in our room.

Sent from my iPad.

When we had the Walt in Alaska we enjoyed free Internet for all of our party, a fully stocked fridge of soda and bottled water all the time, and we had Palo dinner in our room.

These are just some of the perks of the Walt and Roy suites.

From what I heard, not cost cutting but kids were abusing it and causing a ruckus.

Once purchased, not really any cost savings by removing it.

That is a shame. Cost cutting gone wrong.

ex techie

Thank you for your replies. We are in that suite for the magic EBTA crossing this May and are really looking forward to the days at sea.

You will love having the suite for all of the sea days. It gives you an opportunity to totally enjoy the space and the concierge perks. We are on the same cruise but are in one of the Cat. S - 2 bedroom suites.

See you on board at the concierge cocktail parties! :)

The two bedroom suite is an excellent choice as well. We do love the concierge service! Last summer we went on a 12 night Med cruise and a lady from Nigeria (can't think of her name right now) was our concierge and she was great. She will be on this cruise too. I wanted to book a concierge cabin on the 11 night Iceland/Norway cruise in June 2015 but $33,000 for 2 adults and one child seems outrageous, especially when the Magic does not even have a concierge lounge. Did you book any port adventures for Maderia or Malaga?

The two bedroom suite is an excellent choice as well. We do love the concierge service! Last summer we went on a 12 night Med cruise and a lady from Nigeria (can't think of her name right now) was our concierge and she was great. She will be on this cruise too. I wanted to book a concierge cabin on the 11 night Iceland/Norway cruise in June 2015 but $33,000 for 2 adults and one child seems outrageous, especially when the Magic does not even have a concierge lounge. Did you book any port adventures for Maderia or Malaga?

Yes the concierge prices have now become out of this world, the figures you quote are accurate, on the older ships of Magic and Wonder, the perks are limited bar a bigger room and there is little to justify that price hike,

At least on the new ships the concierge lounge is a good extra perk, the food and service from. 7am to 10pm is great the private dun deck and having hosts there when we want to see them not when they ring the bell when your in the shower for dinner.

We have had many concierge hosts they all know me by name, I can't place the lady you quote but we will see the hosts on the Magic this summer in the Med on a 12 night and next year in the Baltic.

Sent from my iPad.

Yes, her name is Angeline! Thank you so much for helping me remember. She was so sweet. Last summer, she gave me a glass dish for my birthday. She was so sad because her mother had just died and she was leaving to go home at the end of our cruise. She told me she would be on the EBTA in May of 2014. It will be nice to see her again.

I would love to join the FB group. Could you please send the link to jpotenza@potenzacpa.com. Yes, it is true, I am a CPA and I better quit daydreaming about my vacation and get back to tax returns!

Edited by aztec49Y

• 3 weeks later...

We did the RD Suite on the Magic and loved it. The space was fantastic, room service when the kids were tired was key and the free internet made it easy to get some work done.

Linda, our concierge, was fantastic. At first, we thought we wouldn't be using her for anything. By the end, we weren't sure how we would live without her.

Mike