4 people to a room

poohnella

Hi me and my husband and 2 boys added 11 and 12 will be sailing the fantasy. We have an interior room. How will the bedding situation work? I've only sailed once before but it was just 2 if us. Is the room the same size?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I did a 7 days cruise with my two daughters. At the time, they were 21 and 18. We had a ball. You are just not in the room that much other than to sleep. Getting ready for dinner and getting up in the morning was at times hectic because of 3 girls trying to get into the bathroom at the same time, but we made it work.

Have fun and enjoy. Now you will have more money for excursions.

That's what my husband said. He would rather save for excursions since we won't be in there much. I'm excited for them as they have never been. Thanks for the input

Edited by poohnella

I just got back with doing a room for 4. It really isn't that bad. I would recommend two things. First an over the door shoe rack for storage of all your bathroom/personal items.

10013573_681935931864132_1734828462_n.jpg?oh=9246ee1d70d28678c4b3c8d47e5080d2&oe=53402DD8

I put all my jewelry in there too, sunscreen, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, perfume, body wash, shower shoes, etc. It was a lifesaver because the bathroom itself had NO counter space. none, at all.

AND....

bring an extension cord with a 3 prong socket. there is ONE, yes ONE outlet in the room so if you want to charge something, example was my kids computers, iPad, my camera, my cell phone.... you need more then ONE plug.

10008330_681932688531123_1871082293_n.jpg?oh=dfbd3126e8680686ca2c0b9489b234e5&oe=53405548

Other then that, if you have the beds as a king they will probably be together in the middle of the room and your children will sleep in bunks that pull down from the sides of the room.

It is sort of tight, and I think that you get more room if you have the beds as twins..... just maybe a thought.

We were in the room a lot. A lot more then I thought. My older boys were in there a lot too. They still had a fantastic time but they did like a few hours at the slides/pool and then went back to the room for an hour or so and got on their computers, or iPads whatever, I let them bring all their goodies because I wanted to enjoy myself too. LOTS OF LOVE

My wife and I did a 7 days cruise with my two daughters. At the time, they were 21 and 18. We had a ball. You are just not in the room that much other than to sleep. Getting ready for dinner and getting up in the morning was at times hectic because of 3 girls trying to get into the bathroom at the same time, but we made it work.

Have fun and enjoy. Now you will have more money for excursions.

You can also take advantage of the showers in the gym area. They are usually bigger/nicer. I am cruising next month with my daughter and her BFF(both are 20) so I plan to take my showers in the Spa area so I can get ready without them trying to take over the bathroom. (I have a Spa Balcony booked)

You can also take advantage of the showers in the gym area. They are usually bigger/nicer. I am cruising next month with my daughter and her BFF(both are 20) so I plan to take my showers in the Spa area so I can get ready without them trying to take over the bathroom. (I have a Spa Balcony booked)

Absolutely agree.. Up until 2 years ago we always cruised our family of 4 in an interior cabin.. Not only was it fun and lots of bonding and hugging, you dont spend that much time in the cabin anyways... I would suggest that your husband and at least one of the boys use the gym or sauna shower to get ready for dinner, thus making it a bit easier...

It works, its cheaper, you're on a cruise and if you want to see the water, go to the Lido Deck!!! Have a great time...

Bed arrangement makes a huge difference in the IS quads.

Put one lower under the faux window and the other under one of the bunks.

If you have only have one upper, put the rollaway under the other bunk, if possible.

There are hooks by each of the uppers. Hang a shoe holder off these hooks. The upper pockets become the nightstand for those bunks.

We actually think there is tons of room on the shelves in the bathroom - more than enough space for all the toiletries a family has.

Spots for shoes, sandals, hats & backpacks are another story !

huh? Its ONE tiny shelf. and there are glasses and such on that shelf. Maybe I just have too much crap LOTS OF LOVE

1st cruise we did all 4 of us in a balcony room. it was tight, but honestly we were NEVER in the room. it was really just to sleep. it wasn't bad

2nd cruise we had two adjoining interior rooms. it was nice having the extra space. however I had a hard time staying in the room too long. I missed the fresh air. I would shower and rush out to get outside. I felt clausterphobic inside. our next cruise will only be 3 of us or hopefully just hubby and I!

We actually think there is tons of room on the shelves in the bathroom - more than enough space for all the toiletries a family has.

Spots for shoes, sandals, hats & backpacks are another story !

The Elation and Paradise still have the medicine cabinet with its three shelves and square sink with some room.

The other 6 Fantasy class ships have had their bathrooms remodeled. A small round sink with two puny shelves underneath. Both of which are barely large enough for the tissue box standing on end. The extra roll of TP kindof hangs on top of the other. The glass shelf is 4 inches wide about a foot above the sink.

Whoever designed this set up should have to use it for the rest of his life.

Edited by SadieN

Found a picture, unfortunately you cannot see the puny shelves underneath.

cruise11.jpg

This is an HC cabin. Regular cabins do not have the grab bars. The sink set-up is the same.

Your cabin might or might not have the swing mirror.

Edited by SadieN

Hi me and my husband and 2 boys added 11 and 12 will be sailing the fantasy. We have an interior room. How will the bedding situation work? I've only sailed once before but it was just 2 if us. Is the room the same size?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got back from our first cruise on the Fascination. Me, hubby, 14 year old son, and 11 year old daughter. We booked an inside cabin (M96). It was actually larger than I anticipated and we were able to all move around and such. We had two uppers so sleeping was not a problem.

Where we ran into problems was getting ready for dinner. After the first night, we figured out girls get ready first while guys sit on lido eating ice cream and shutting the crap. The the guys came down and got ready. We didn't anticipate being in the room that much, but we actually did. Our second port of call (HMC) was cancelled due to weather so we did spend more time in our room than we thought we would. It wasn't bad at all.

That being said, I'm looking at another cruise for October and considering another inside. I popped into an oceanview and balcony one day while cleaning was going on and, there's no more room in them than the insides. Balconies, yes more room but that's it. Oceanview gives you a window.

One more thing, the "over the door shoe holders" are very hit and miss with people on this board. I took my daughter's and it was very handy. All of our toiletries, brushes, flat irons, etc. went in it. Kept the place tidy.

Have a great time!!

I'm 205 days out from having 4 adults over 50 in a cabin! Myself, DH, my birthday girl sister and our best friend.

With four I might reconsider the shoe holder thing, with two I never needed it. I was thinking more about taking a pop up sweater bin type thing or something similar to get some additional shelving as trying to live out of a suitcase will be impossible given we won't have much floor space at all.

And we're gonna need a strip, we've got a ton of devices between us!

Geez, those Fantasy Class ships make the Dream Class bathroom space seem very luxurious! Thanks for posting them, I'd forgotten how minimal they were.

Pack Febreze for their shoes and stinky stuff - sneakers, dirty laundry, as an air freshener. Guys shower at the spa, and send them 'out' for stinky bathroom business.

If you have closet space, keep the clean laundry in one and hang damp/worn shirts up to dry. Dry items don't get smelly as fast. Once totally dry, then they go into the laundry bag.

I'm 205 days out from having 4 adults over 50 in a cabin! Myself, DH, my birthday girl sister and our best friend.

With four I might reconsider the shoe holder thing, with two I never needed it. I was thinking more about taking a pop up sweater bin type thing or something similar to get some additional shelving as trying to live out of a suitcase will be impossible given we won't have much floor space at all.

And we're gonna need a strip, we've got a ton of devices between us!

Geez, those Fantasy Class ships make the Dream Class bathroom space seem very luxurious! Thanks for posting them, I'd forgotten how minimal they were.

Something to think about--- Maximum weight for the uppers is 250lbs.

I don't know if you need that info, but here it is if you do.

Also, watch you heads. If you're around 5' you should be OK.