Advice please from seasoned Azamarites

brensan100

Hi everyone.

We're new to Azamara, having been regulars on Windstar - and very excited to try it! We are Scots, living in France and so will arrive in Nice with our own car. We understand that we may park nearby, check in with our luggage, then leave the ship to go and park in a long-stay car park we have already reserved.

My question is - how long should we allow for the check-in procedure? We are used to Windstar with much smaller ships, and no waiting.....

Check in begins at 11am. We can be there earlier if it's worth doing that and just waiting in line. Our parking space is open from midday. We'll need 20 minutes to get to it, and an hour to get back [on the bus, without bags, it's easy].

What do you guys advise? Can we be checked in and out again in an hour? That would tick all the boxes and give time to wander around Nice - or walk to the ship along the Promenade. We've done that before if anyone wants to try it from one of the hotels - as long as you have bags with wheels it's fine.

I'm now about to register for meet and greet, so look forward to putting faces to names.

You might be amused to know that I struggled to get on this site because France is 'an undisclosed destination'...in internet terms at least. We feel quite mysterious now!

A bientot!

I recommend waiting until a bit later to avoid any lines, definitely until you can leave your car without having to return.

We always board mid-afternoon (after 2 PM) and never have waited more than five minutes for all the check-in procedures.

Edited by CintiPam

Hi everyone.

We're new to Azamara, having been regulars on Windstar - and very excited to try it! We are Scots, living in France and so will arrive in Nice with our own car. We understand that we may park nearby, check in with our luggage, then leave the ship to go and park in a long-stay car park we have already reserved.

My question is - how long should we allow for the check-in procedure? We are used to Windstar with much smaller ships, and no waiting.....

Check in begins at 11am. We can be there earlier if it's worth doing that and just waiting in line. Our parking space is open from midday. We'll need 20 minutes to get to it, and an hour to get back [on the bus, without bags, it's easy].

What do you guys advise? Can we be checked in and out again in an hour? That would tick all the boxes and give time to wander around Nice - or walk to the ship along the Promenade. We've done that before if anyone wants to try it from one of the hotels - as long as you have bags with wheels it's fine.

I'm now about to register for meet and greet, so look forward to putting faces to names.

You might be amused to know that I struggled to get on this site because France is 'an undisclosed destination'...in internet terms at least. We feel quite mysterious now!

A bientot!

Hi

which sailing are you on? We sail from Nice on the 22nd April. There will be a significant number arriving from the airport at about 11.30 if that is your cruise date;)

Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne.

No, we are on 11th April. Probably many arriving at 11.30 just the same, but it's an extremely busy airport so could be happening all morning

Cintipam

We had originally planned to leave the car and come straight to the port, but would rather get rid of the bags then have an easy trip back to the ship. Appreciate the input though...are you saying there may be long lines as check-in opens?

Bren

Cintipam

We had originally planned to leave the car and come straight to the port, but would rather get rid of the bags then have an easy trip back to the ship. Appreciate the input though...are you saying there may be long lines as check-in opens?

Bren

I believe so because so many are on overnight flights that arrive early in the morning but we never have been there when check-in opens so I cannot attest to any line issues personally.