Watch your onboard account

senorjim

It's not unusual to find at least one charge per cruise that we didn't make. A trip to the front desk results in removal without incident. Normally it's someone else's bar charge.

If you contest a charge, they remove it without any argument. At least, that has been our experience.

Not our experience at all.

I thought of a Princess error. Even though we checked our bill at the kiosk and things were fine through the last day, we received a bill for around $23 and some cents. What??? Where did that come from? It was removed without issue, except for some annoyance on my part. I have had to dispute small amounts on our charge card before (not through a cruiseline). No problem----they have to prove we did indeed charge that amount.

As far as errors go, those stewards are only human. They handle so many drinks/receipts at one time. I'm surprised there aren't more errors than there are. We have to be vigilant and check our onboard statement often. I'm OK with that.

I saw 4 errors on my on-board statement throughout a recent HAL cruise, each from Explorations. Now that Explorations is no longer providing printed receipts for coffee drinks (at least they didn't on that sailing), it was more difficult for me to prove the error. In each case I was charged for my purchase PLUS the purchase for the customer in line behind me. Apparently the "barista" has to swipe something in the register to clear out the transaction from one customer to the next and neglected to do so. At least that was how it was explained to me.

Moral of the story: watch your on-board statement closely. :)

I saw 4 errors on my on-board statement throughout a recent HAL cruise, each from Explorations. Now that Explorations is no longer providing printed receipts for coffee drinks (at least they didn't on that sailing), it was more difficult for me to prove the error. In each case I was charged for my purchase PLUS the purchase for the customer in line behind me. Apparently the "barista" has to swipe something in the register to clear out the transaction from one customer to the next and neglected to do so. At least that was how it was explained to me.

Moral of the story: watch your on-board statement closely. :)

We've had the exact thing happen to us at the Explorations Cafe.

Also, every once in a while they say the computer register is "down" and we have been charged for the next guy in line then, too.

I don't like the idea of no receipts, anywhere. Just more problems.